my wood pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocavalier02

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2008
ct
Just some pics for 2010 2011 wood and 2011 and 2012 wood. using some tyvec paper this year with and airspace below the tarps hope wit works ok. All split by hand as well.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 2,398
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 2,513
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 2,360
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 2,361
i still have more wood in the woods that i cut i gotta go get. trying to go 2 years ahead. looking to build a wood shed for at least 6 cords this summer so i can put 2 year seasoned wood in there and really get ahead.

Excellent. Now you will receive much enjoyment every time you look at that pile. Only a man who has cut the wood can get that enjoyment and you've earned it.

Good work! And a very tidy, nice looking woodstack.

Well, I hate to say this, but your wood is all stacked the wrong way. Its supposed to be stacked with the bark down. A lot of yours is the opposite. You better pull it apart and re-stack it or it will never dry.

LOL, just kidding, nice pile. what is that, maple? :)

Oak on the two outside ends and ash and elm in the middle

WOW!
Lots of Nice, neat stacks.
Trying not to envy.
Very good job.

I have a chair on the kitchen with a picture window i stare at it from. And my wife makes fun of me

wood spliter said:
Nice, is that your garden in front of the wood?

yeah that is my garden. heres some pictures of some progress ive been making. Theres about a little less than a cord behind that unsplit stuff as well i still have to stack and then probably just shy of a cord left to split and still have probably at least a half or more cord of wood still in the woods i gotta get.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,855
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,864
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,846
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,845
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,839
Looks nice.

Way to go.

heres the finish product of all the wood i cut this year. and finally cut up all the ones i couldnt split. Had a bad batch of elm. real pain in the but butt. so alot of unstackables to burn in the fall.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,651
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1,635
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,653
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,625
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,631
Also think this is the last year of building walls. im giong to make some sort of rack going across the whole back yard. then i can stack it at least 7 feet tall.

ecocavalier, the big problem with stacking wood that high is frost heave. The darned frost can make the wood tip one way or the other and even wind will have some effect. Better to stack not so high and not have to restack it after it falls over. I've found 4' or lower works best. Normally I'll stack about 4 1/2' high. Stacking it in the spring at that height will usually result in the stack being 4' or lower come fall. Of course it depends upon what wood you have as to how much that stack will shrink. This is or can be another problem with stacking really high. When the wood shrinks, that could cause some shifting of the wood in spots which might tend to make the row a bit tippy.

Good luck.

I se what ur saying and am sure it could be a problem. But havent had any problems the past few years ive been doin it. I kinda have to make the best of room i have on my property. This is why i want to build some stable racks for next year so i dont have to worry every time i get done stacking, wondering if itll fAll or not.

Some updated pictures gettin ready for 2012 2013 got started cutting early this year.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 507
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 503
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 503
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 508
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 510
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 514
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 519
Looks good eco, the empire seems to have grown.

Yeah it feels good lookin at it all especially when people ask did you do that all by yourself? And hand split people say I'm nuts. Especially my wife. But I love doing it.

ecocavalier02 said:
Yeah it feels good lookin at it all especially when people ask did you do that all by yourself? And hand split people say I'm nuts. Especially my wife. But I love doing it.

I agree on the feeling good. It is a great feeling indeed and only those who have done it themselves can truly understand it. Nice work. So you're nuts! Stay that way. Life is too short to be sane.

Status
Not open for further replies.