My woodpile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peterc38

Feeling the Heat
Sep 10, 2009
Maine
My woodpile for the winter. Close to 6 cords stacked and another 4 cords in the pile. I also have another cord cut/split not in picture in a new pile I started. All the stuff stacked I split by hand and it is three rows deep. The last pic might look a little funny because it is 4 pictures stitched together and I haven't mastered that yet.

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

woodpile-1.jpg

Nice 'bota!

Nice woodpiles too.

Very nice indeed. You should be smiling all winter.

:ahhh: You split that all by hand? How long did that take? Did you have any help? In any event, that's a lot of effort and I'm sure you'll feel the heat from your hard work!

stejus said:
:ahhh: You split that all by hand?
I guess he doesn't want to wear out that Huskee 22 Ton Splitter or he bought the splitter after all the splitting was done.

The heck with the wood. I want that tractor!

Nice looking supply ya got there.

stejus said:
:ahhh: You split that all by hand? How long did that take? Did you have any help? In any event, that's a lot of effort and I'm sure you'll feel the heat from your hard work!

The stuff that is stacked, I split by hand w/ Fiskars super splitter. No I didn't have help and I don't really know how long it took because I didn't keep track. The stuff in the pile, I split w/ hydraulic splitter. I still like to split by hand but only in the colder weather.

looks great

That's a nice stash of firewood you got there!

Love your piled wood...very clean operation you have there.

Does it get cold in Maine?
j/k
Love your outdoor set-up, better than mine
You get meg wind & sun I see.
I get pine grove shade and mushrooms.
:)
I do like the fact that I have almost 3 cord fully dry in the connected garage for easy access; cause I'm a sissy and don't like going out in the winter cause it's cold.

DAAAAMMNNN. Dude what are you heating up the entire county? Very nice. You will be warm all winter.

peterc38 said:
My woodpile for the winter. Close to 6 cords stacked and another 4 cords in the pile. I also have another cord cut/split not in picture in a new pile I started. All the stuff stacked I split by hand and it is three rows deep. The last pic might look a little funny because it is 4 pictures stitched together and I haven't mastered that yet.

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

woodpile-1.jpg

I'll send Guido over with some of the boys to get our share.

Italian Names and Meaning
Guido - The wide one, or from the wood

Zap
Lunch break is getting to long!

Will you burn 10 cord this winter?
Do you put wood in during the winter for a week at a time, or less?
Last year I burned 11 cord, but it was all inside - basement and garage. I hope to burn less than 7 this winter with my new Econoburn.
Happy burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.