mystery stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pellet9999

Sep 3, 2008
ny
I have a small gas stove in my living room. It was here when I bought the place last spring. I almost gave it away but now I'm glad I didnt.
I need to have several heat sources..... It is a small somewhat ornate black thing built recently. It has no markings at all or tags. I want to find out who made it so I can
get a manual for it. I will try to post a picture but the KB limit is lousy for this site so......
On the left back it has a rheostat switch ,on /off and a dial. when you press the button it makes a loud click.Is this the fan?. It has a wire out the back but not a plug
like a cord. On the other side it has a temp control and pilot...Do these usually light themselves or do you have to spark them..?? The glass behind the movable front grate doesnt seem to open to access the fire logs. Any ideas in general on this appreciated.....

Attachments

• 100_0342xx.jpg
    100_0342xx.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 357
Have you looked under the unit, or behind it? A builders/inspection plate is required on gas units sold in the US and Canada. Sometimes they are linked by chain on the bottom, or a sticker on the back of the unit. I don't recognize it, but I'm sure other members can help. Since it has a pilot switch or button, you likely have to ignite the pilot manually. Can you attach pictures of the controls?

Status
Not open for further replies.