Name that newly found log and that one too

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mywaynow

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2010
Northeast
Logs are not the proper term. One is 16 foot long, 34 inches diameter, the other is an entire tree. Pic 1 and 2 are the same tree section, Pic 3 is the whole tree. Found these while scoping out how to deal with the very large Red Oak I have posted about earlier. I have an updated pic on that post, if your following it.

Attachments

• tree12.jpg
    tree12.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 337
  • tree13.jpg
    tree13.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 330
  • tree14.jpg
    tree14.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 323
Was there a question in there?

Yep, in the heading. What do you think these are?

You want us to name the logs? Okay... how about.... Fred and Ethel.

I was going to go with Bert and Ernie but you beat me. Fred and Ethel it is!

Cherry Champagne and Maple Wine.

Looks like red oak on the right - seems like I'm seeing alternating dark and light vertical bands. Not sure about the left pics - I'd guess maple. I don't think the left pic is cherry. Cheers!

Cheech & Chong

I guess I asked for this one. Perhaps winter madness is setting in for some of us now. I am quite sane for this time of year. Been ok occupying myself with the wood burning (first year).

Depending on where they came from and that big they might have been worth alot more for timber than firewood.
leaddog

Dog,

I have been asking everywhere I can about selling the big tree at this location. It is a giant Red Oak, long main trunck with big diameter. I hate to chop it up. But I will, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.