Name that tune....er....pellet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tree cycle old batch(Careful with these)!

Attachments

• tree cycle old.jpg
    tree cycle old.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 323
Blowing up the PIC, looks like Tree Cycle makes them.

imacman said:
Just saw this on CL, and wondered if anyone can name the pellets. I might make the guy an offer (but not $185....that works out to $264/ton), if their anything good.

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/for/2112341019.html

He bought too many? That's why he is selling? Is the heating season over in the Hudson Valley? Just be careful buying those if that's what you decide to do.

slvrblkk said:
He bought too many? That's why he is selling? Is the heating season over in the Hudson Valley? Just be careful buying those if that's what you decide to do.

As Gilda Radner on the original Saturday Night Live used to say, after a rant on the news broadcast....

"Never mind"

Obviously these are burning like crap for the guy, and he wants to unload them, and hit a home run while doing it.

Thanks guys!

imacman said:
slvrblkk said:

As Gilda Radner on the original Saturday Night Live used to say, after a rant on the news broadcast....

"Never mind"

Obviously these are burning like crap for the guy, and he wants to unload them, and hit a home run while doing it.

Thanks guys!

Your stove should eat them OK, Hey, Why not if you can score cheap enough? They will do fine in the spring warm weather anyway. Just don't expect top shelf quality with them.

j-takeman said:
imacman said:
slvrblkk said:

"Never mind"

Thanks guys!

Your stove should eat them OK, Hey, Why not if you can score cheap enough? They will do fine in the spring warm weather anyway. Just don't expect top shelf quality with them.

Oink Oink!!!

j-takeman said:

Yeah, I'm sure the stove will burn them, but I really don't need any shoulder pellets. And not when I can go 1 1/2 miles to HD and get Stove Chow for $179.

His price is WAY too high, and I'll guess that he won't let them go for less than $150. I'll shoot him an email and see what he'll take....I'll offer $125.

imacman said:
j-takeman said:

Yeah, I'm sure the stove will burn them, but I really don't need any shoulder pellets. And not when I can go 1 1/2 miles to HD and get Stove Chow for $179.

His price is WAY too high, and I'll guess that he won't let them go for less than $150. I'll shoot him an email and see what he'll take....I'll offer $125.

I'd fill him in on the known issue and offer to remove them as a favor! Hehe! :cheese:

'pears to me he is trying to dump some bad pellets on an unsuspecting person.

They burn like crap, no heat, awful sooting problem. I seriously doubt he bought too many bags. Just found out what they were really like and now................

Well, she responded that the best she would do was $4.00/bag......I said "no thank you".

no way he could know he went 35 bags too many and its jan. in our area (hudson valley) !!!!

i'm down to 3.5 tons and i'm hoping its going to be enough to get through the rest of the winter. imac, are the home depot stove chows really down to 179 from 187? i just might buy next years pellets now if thats the case.
i'd get like 6 tons!

i bought 5 tons of stove chow for this year when they were expensive unfortunately but i love them.

No, the latest price i got last week at the Newburgh HD was $187. That is STILL a very good price for pellets. If you like them that much, I'd grab them now. With gas and oil prices heading up, I wouldn't be surprised to see pellets follow.

And you're only talking about a difference of 16 cents a bag from $179 to $187

Status
Not open for further replies.