Napolean users tweaks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pellet9999

Sep 3, 2008
ny
Anyone with a Nap notice that ashes fall out the door too easy when you open the door? I was wondering if anyone had done a homemade mod to fix this and has some pics...and any other mods for the 1100/1400

I clean out ash every day. It's not a problem unless you let the ash build up. I find that the ash smothers the coals and interferes with a healthy coalbed.

I've broke in the 1100P now and overall I would not recommend it for small stove buyers. Look at some of the other small
units and maybe even at top loaders. This stove puts out plenty of heat for 1000sf but I bet other companies have done
a better job with engineering than this Canadian stove. Some of the Scandinavian outfits I saw looked like they would be worth a look ,even if they are pricey. It DoesNT pay to look for the cheapest stove. Period. It will leave you disappointed.

I don't have a Napoleon but what I do is to just open the door a crack to induce some draft and then close and open it a crack a few more times. It pulses enough to suck most of the ashes back into the stove.

I kind of expect the stove to not spill anything ,no matter what. Here is a stove that I would like if it was 1200.$
Harmon TL300 top loader and it even grills over the wood. Dont need the trivet bling stuff though...

There are so many factors such as how the stove is loaded, what type of wood is burned, how much draft there is, and at what stage of the burn the door is opened. I'd chalk up several of those under "pilot error". If I load wood close to the door and burn wood that pops and crackles, I will get ash build-up at the door seal. If the draft is good, it will mostly get sucked in but if the fire diminishes a lot and with it the draft, ashes can and will spill out.

Status
Not open for further replies.