Napoleon I45 insert questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nctarheel09

Sep 16, 2011
Southeast
I have narrowed down my search to a quadrafire castille insert and a Napoleon I45 insert. Does anyone have experience with a Napoleon I45 insert and if so are they good and reliable?

There is a 15,000 BTU difference in those stoves.

Guess it depends on the area you want to heat?

Where are you getting 15k BTU differential?

Quadra-fire Castille Pellet insert comes in at 34.4k BTU, and the NPI45 insert comes in at 40k BTU.

Thought the Castile and Santa Fe were 30,000. Thought the NP45 was 45,000. That would equate to 15,000. 3 yrs ago both Quads were listed at 30,000 when I was looking to buy one. Did they up the rating? Also why would they call it the 45 if it wasnt 45,000 BTU. The Napolean was very similar to my Quad. Never looked that one up. But most Manuf use the number in the stoves model # (if they do) to identify the BTU rating... No??

Sorry you're not getting much of a response firestarter.

I'm looking into a new stove from Papa's in CT, and the NPI45 is one of the options he has, but I can't find much info about it online either.

I'll probably settle on the EF3BI.

I have the napoleon i45 insert with the remote. This is my second year with it. The only issue was a loud convection fan. That was replaced under warranty.
It is my first pellet stove. I am happy with it. Starts easy, has controls for pellet feed and fan speed.
Puts out plenty of heat, it heats my entire house with just some ceiling fans to move heat around. Oh, you can back it off easy enough if it gets too hot.
Any thing else you want to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.