Napoleon NPI 40 and Skytech remote

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thebingo

Aug 21, 2008
auburn, ma
Just got my 3301 and cannot for the life of me figure out how to wire the terminal it to my stove? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Its probably rather simple but for me, i am feeling awfully stupid right now. http://www.napoleonfireplaces.com/Tech/installation_manuals/NPS40_NPI40.pdf heres the wiriing diagram. Do i hook up my skytech as millivolt or a electonic spark ignition. I seriously can't find the terminals to place the wires on?

Bingo,

I hate to ask this, but before you bought the stat, did you make sure that the stove will run on one? I see NO mention of it in the owners manual, on the wiring diagram, or on the Napolean website.

Hope you kept the receipts so you can return it.

I'm sure SkyTech said that "it will control a pellet stove that is set-up for a millivolt thermostat", and it will.

Did you ask Napolean?

There is no indication of the controls for the NPI40 having any provision for use with a thermostat.

After checking the wiring diagram I don't see a way to connect the stat. Napoleons NPI 40 controls are very much like the Enviro dial a fire. Enviro used to have a module that was an add on for adapting the stat feature. Maybe Napoleon is the same?

Contact Napoleon and see what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.