Napoleon stove, fan works, auger and ignition don't

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesselee

Sep 3, 2008
Maine
HI

I have a Napoleon pellet stove, this morning everything was working great. Then I happened to noticed that the fire went out. So with further inspection I saw that the ignition wasn't working and there wasn't any pellets in the pot. The fan works though. I unplugged it and restarted it with the same results. Does anyone have any problem solving ideas or know what might be wrong. My husband is going to be home and he's going to check it out, but I'd like to be a handy wife and fix it before he gets home :D Thanks guys!

Jesselee said:
HI

I have a Napoleon pellet stove, this morning everything was working great. Then I happened to noticed that the fire went out. So with further inspection I saw that the ignition wasn't working and there wasn't any pellets in the pot. The fan works though. I unplugged it and restarted it with the same results. Does anyone have any problem solving ideas or know what might be wrong. My husband is going to be home and he's going to check it out, but I'd like to be a handy wife and fix it before he gets home :D Thanks guys!

Any flashing light on the control board?

First thing I 'd look at is the vacuum switch. The hose may be clogged. 2nd is the ash pan draw/door. Might not be closed all the way.

Keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.