NC-30 Cruising Temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajhenglander

Dec 24, 2008
Nothern Ohio
What is the top end cruising temp on these? This is my 3rd season with this beast. 1st year was typical learning, got seasoned wood that was not, bad draft through clay chimney. 2nd season, wood was dryer, SS insulated liner installed, stove would cruise ~450 to 475. 3rd season, wood is really dry, over 1 1/2 years out in backyard, in direct sun all summer (for 2 summers). What a difference, the beast has now been cruising ~550 and wants to creep up to 600, never really had secondaries before, now they last along time and boy does that jack the stove top temp up. There is definitely something to be said for truly dry wood.

Door number 3 is the winner.
Perfect cruising temps

Mine likes to hang out between 550 and 600. With a journey north of that with a full night load.

BrotherBart said:
Mine likes to hang out between 550 and 600. With a journey north of that with a full night load.

yea, what he said.

In addition, congrats!

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.