Need a good source for St Croix parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heat seeker

Minister of Fire
Feb 25, 2011
Northern CT
I have finally had it with my noisy, vibrating combustion motor/fan. I called my local dealer two days ago, no response. He does stoves part time - yeah, I know.
I'm looking for the motor and fan, since one or the other is out of balance. I have cleaned them well, that's not the problem. It has vibrated since it was new (new motor in a used stove I bought). It's getting worse, and now I can hear it throughout the house, and even outside!
So, anyone have a recommendation for the motor/fan unit? I have tried crossing the Fasco #, but it seems to be proprietary, and I want the fan, too.
Thanks!

I bought my St.Croix at Robbins Garden Center in Oxford, MA. Give them a call and they might be able to help you.

Thanks! I'll check them both out.

Here ya go.

http://pellethead.com/categories/St.-Croix/

I picked up a St. Croix (Auburn) a year ago and not totally understanding that the pellets weren't supposed to burn on TOP of the coal rake, ended up kinda destroying it and needing a new one after about three months. Rookie mistake. Anyway, so I did some digging online and came up with this site that all kinds of St. Croix parts. I believe their store is in Wisconsin. I called and ordered the part over the phone ... Make sure you go slow when pronouncing your address to them ... you never know who is typing it in over the phone ... Had a little delivery issue with mine, so just making you aware. I did get it, but I shouldn't have to go TO the UPS place because their CSRs fowled up MY address.

Best of luck!

J in PA

kryscio23 said:
Here ya go.

http://pellethead.com/categories/St.-Croix/

I picked up a St. Croix (Auburn) a year ago and not totally understanding that the pellets weren't supposed to burn on TOP of the coal rake, ended up kinda destroying it and needing a new one after about three months. Rookie mistake. Anyway, so I did some digging online and came up with this site that all kinds of St. Croix parts. I believe their store is in Wisconsin. I called and ordered the part over the phone ... Make sure you go slow when pronouncing your address to them ... you never know who is typing it in over the phone ... Had a little delivery issue with mine, so just making you aware. I did get it, but I shouldn't have to go TO the UPS place because their CSRs fowled up MY address.

Best of luck!

J in PA

I also thought the pellets were supposed to be burned on the rake but I was quickly corrected by the guy at the store where I purchased it from. I had burned for about 4 or 5 days before I stopped in to ask some questions about running it and what the rake for for. So, luckily there was no damage done.

Again, thanks!
Question: Do your combustion blowers have those red bushings (3 of them) where the motor mounts to the housing? Mine doesn't have them, so the motor is firmly bolted to the housing, which may account for most of the noise and vibration!
If you look closely at the the images of the 80P20001R, there are the three red bushings. (Top row, third from the left, the one my Afton Bay calls for.)

heat seeker said:
Again, thanks!
Question: Do your combustion blowers have those red bushings (3 of them) where the motor mounts to the housing? Mine doesn't have them, so the motor is firmly bolted to the housing, which may account for most of the noise and vibration!
If you look closely at the the images of the 80P20001R, there are the three red bushings. (Top row, third from the left, the one my Afton Bay calls for.)

I just replaced my motor and it has the 3 red bushings on it .They feel like they are made out of soft rubber
Chuck

Well, I was looking for a good source for parts - and Auto-Rain isn't it. I ordered a fan last week, and they charged my credit card but never shipped the part. Here it is, a week later, two calls to their "service" line, and part still hasn't shipped. All I get is "So and so isn't here right now, I'll get back to you". No return calls or emails. I'm canceling the order. Wasted a week of time and my efforts. Shop somewhere else, these people seem pretty inept to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.