Need advice on glass doors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eddy67

Nov 27, 2010
California
my fireplace opening is 20 3/4"high and 35" wide, where and what can I get to put in here for glass doors? Please ignore the pipe inside the fire place the previous owner had an external fire place hooked up to it.

Attachments

• fireplace.jpg
    fireplace.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 233
Lowe's and Home Depot both should be able to order fireplace doors for it if they don't have them in stock. If you are going to use that as a regular fireplace be sure to make sure the damper frame wasn't cut out for installation of that chimney liner. If it was you are going to have to install a chimney top damper.

Original fireplace damper fit into a cast iron frame in the top of the fireplace at the base of the chimney. If you are going to use that as a fireplace that liner has to come out. Completely.

What's the chimney lined with?

Welcome to the forums !

Thank you, I have no idea what its lined with, here is a pic before I removed the smaller pipe, now I have the door closed and it fits properly.

Attachments

• fireplace2.jpg
    fireplace2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 161
Gotta be a pre-fab with that steel smoke chamber and flap damper. With the missing damper rod.

Status
Not open for further replies.