Need Avalon Astoria help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrabble

Mar 10, 2011
N Cal
we purchased this stove last fall and have used it all winter. Have been very happy with the performance and love how warm it keeps the house. A few days ago the stove would not start and it was determined that the ignitor was out. Went to the dealer and picked one up (under warranty). I did not want them to have to come out if we could change the ignitor pretty easily....it seemed like a pretty easy job HA. So we finally got the screws out for the plate and went to get the screw that holds the ignitor in out. The ignitor screw fell down into the hole behind where the ignitor goes...we can't get it out of the abyss. It was a different size than the other screws. Does anyone know what size it is? We can probably use another screw if we know what screw to use...Will it rattle around in there? I tried to use a magnet to find it but I can't get the magnet to pick it up, can't reach it down in there. YIKES. Our first DIY repair and it is not going well. OH. If I could figure out how to get the auger out it probably would help...does anyone have a SERVICE manual?

Appreciate the help!!!!!!!

Hello

Can u post a picture of where it fell? Did you take the ignitor out from the front or back?

Are you talking about the screw that goes in the hole in the square ignitor plate shown below?

Also on Sept 2009 Travis Ind. reduced the wattage of the ignitor to make them last longer
We have made a change to the ignitor we are using in our large steel pellet appliances. This change,
to lower the wattage from 250 to 200, is to help improve the longevity of the ignitor. We cover the
ignitor for two years under the warranty, and our expectation is that the ignitor will last well beyond
that period. Our internal testing shows that the new 200W ignitor will be more durable than the
current 250W ignitor. All other units are meeting or exceeding durability expectations.

Here is another Avalon Ignitor story
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/36782/#394389

Attachments

• TravisOEMIgniters.jpg
    TravisOEMIgniters.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 219
Scrabble said:
....If I could figure out how to get the auger out it probably would help.....

Do you mean the auger MOTOR? That's easy to remove. Disconnect power to stove, disconnect wires to auger motor, loosen & remove the set screw that connects the auger shaft to the auger. Auger motor should slide right out into your hand.

If it is anything like a Yankee (which it is) Don is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.