Need bore brush for 2" TARM Hx Exchanger Pipes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-engineer

Nov 16, 2009
North West Michigan
I have a Tarm Solo Innova 30. It has (10) 2" pipes in the back of the stove that need cleaning every 10 fires or so. They are about 4" long.

Does anyone know of a good bore brush for cleaning these? The brush that came with the stove is a poor design. I'd like one that is removable, with 1/4-20 or 5/16-18 threads. Something like a shot gun cleaning brush - but for a 2" bore.

It needs to be available from the net or is available at a box store (Lowes, Menards, Home-DepotO).

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Every 10 fires? That sounds like a far too frequent cleaning schedule.
How dirty are they at that interval?

I watch my stack temperature, and clean based on that. As the tubes get dirty, the stack temp goes up. The higer the stack temp - the more heat that is dumped to my basement. In the winter - it's not a problem. But in the summer it is an issue.

I make a fire every night or two in the winter. The boiler is still warm from the previous firing. But in the summer, it is usually every 5 days or so and the boiler is "cold iron". It takes a lot longer to warm up, and during that time of inefficient combustion - I get a lot of creosote fouling my heat exchanger.

Plus - I have a horizontal flue run thu my basement wall. Those (2) 90 degree bends really reduce my air flow thru the stack, which also adds to stack temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.