need cleaning tips for a quad cb 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smg64ct

Nov 21, 2006
Connecticut
I need some cleaning tips for my Quadra-fire CB 1200 free standing pellet stove. I need to know if I'm over cleaning it. I get a little nervous when it's dirty. I shut the stove down everyday for about a 1/2 hour. I scrape and clean the firepot everyday and I also vacuum out the little holes. I also clean the thermo coupler. The manual says to scrape the firepot everyday. When I clean it I don't get any big clinkers but there is a little carbon buildup. Is it important to vacuum those holes everyday? Any tips you can give me would be a big help.

Thanks for the help.

SteveG said:
I need some cleaning tips for my Quadra-fire CB 1200 free standing pellet stove. I need to know if I'm over cleaning it. I get a little nervous when it's dirty. I shut the stove down everyday for about a 1/2 hour. I scrape and clean the firepot everyday and I also vacuum out the little holes. I also clean the thermo coupler. The manual says to scrape the firepot everyday. When I clean it I don't get any big clinkers but there is a little carbon buildup. Is it important to vacuum those holes everyday? Any tips you can give me would be a big help.

Thanks for the help.

Well, yes, unless you are burning corn or some poor fuel, that sounds like way too much. Burning a bag a day, I would clean the insert version of this stove every other week. And it always ran just fine. In all 5 years the only tool I used to scrape the burn pot was my hand and the vacuum nozzle.

cleaning out the ingitor port is important. to me, it sounds like your way overcleaning, but heck as a pellet stove dealerthere is no such thing as a homeowner cleaning it to much. ;)

Thanks for the input guys. I thought I was cleaning it too much to.

Status
Not open for further replies.