Need dimension on Jotul Oslo 500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cak54

Apr 5, 2011
Michigan
Husband is building a raised hearth for Jotul Oslo which is on order and should be arriving within the next two weeks.
He is wondering if anyone that has one could measure from the centerline of the flue outlet for vertical installation to the back leg
looking at the stove from the door side. This is so he knows where to put the main support for the legs.
It's all greek to me but you guys probably know what he's talking about.
Thanks, Vicky

Don't have an OSLO, but here is the link to the owners manual. You may be able to calculate from here:

http://www.jotul.com/FileArchive/Technical Documentation/Wood Stoves/Jøtul F 500 Oslo/Manual_F_500_USA_P15_310111.pdf

Thanks Remkel. We have the manual downloaded but it didn't have what he needed on it. He thinks he has it figured pretty close though.

Remember the listed clearances are the minimums. It doesn't hurt to exceed minimums and has it's benefits by offering more installation wiggle room and a greater margin of safety.

As BeGreen mentioned it doesn't hurt to build the hearth a bit larger -- 1) the extra few inches you build it will not take away that much room from the living space and will give you a few more inches to meet clearances and exceeding the minimum standards is never a bad thing in terms of fire safety and 2) things don't always work out the way we plan . . . having it a bit larger gives you that "wiggle room" in case measurements are off a bit. Heck, sometimes I wish I had built a larger hearth than the one I did . . . it would have been nice to have it a bit larger so I could sit on it like my cats and enjoy the warmth of the heated stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.