need grapple load....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
NH
I need some help finding firewood. Am looking for grapple load hard wood in southern NH.Any help would be much appreciated

I am moving this to the Wood Shed. Folks can't reply to posts in the for sale/wanted room.

I would suggest calling home builders. They pay to have logs hauled off of new construction sites and could point you to who they use.

Reactions: Defiant
There has been an add running in the local classifieds for a few weeks now.

Hardwood, green log length, trailer load averages 8-10 cord. $600.00 Must be able to fit tractor trailer( in yard) leave message (603) 642-5850.

I do not know them, nor am I affiliated with them. I don't know a thing about them.

Stick around and put up some pics. Better yet, lets see Beef Jerky pics, there are plenty of wood pile pics here already.::-)

Greetings Uncle Bob

300x277xwheresthebeef-300x277.jpg.pagespeed.ic.2yPXa1YZnv.jpg

Local tree companies can usually deliver smaller loads, typically $75 / $100 per cord, if you can find one who doesn't already have a too-long list of takers.

The other option, and likely the source of the ad posted by fishingpol, is excavating companies. These guys are always clearing large lots, and typically don't move small loads. I just had one take a semi trailer full of logs out of the lot behind me last week. They left me 11 trees, which is a pittance to them, but several cords for me!

Welcome to the forum Uncle Bob. Hope you are able to find what you want.

Have you checked craigslist? I often see postings on there for grapple loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.