Need help identifying noise in freestanding Harman Accentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fepruts

Dec 19, 2022
Massachusetts
Hello all!

I have a freestanding Harman Accentra stove that was installed in 2009. It works great, but recently has been making this horrible, grinding or vibrating noise that sometimes stops when we just turn the stove off and then back on again. I’ve attached a link to the video I took of the stove making that noise, and it stopped after I turn the stove off and back on.

Any help on what the noise could possibly be would be great!

If you turn it off and on and the noise goes away but come back
Remove the combustion fan clean it and check for anything or anywhere it is hitting
Also, remove the convection fan and clean and check for rub marks or something stuck in the fan cage

Sounds like your distribution blower. The long one across the bottom. When you went to off the noise stopped and the 1 light went out. Is that the Dist blower indicator? Pull the guards off the back and look the fan area over to see if something is hanging down touching the blades. The blower is exposed and that may be the issue

Reactions: Mt Bob