Need help identifying this indoor wood boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rinke-dink

Sep 26, 2012
I recently acquired this indoor wood boiler but it did't have the outer jacket which means I don't have any of the necessary numbers to identify it. I was hoping someone here is seasoned enough to have seen this style of build and can help me with a possible manufacturer, which will get me on my way to getting this fired up. I've been told it's about 8 years old, had a black jacket and it had a crown emblem above the firebox door. It's 24.5" wide, 36" deep and 52.75" tall. The 1st pic is of the DE STA CO door latch(s), the 2nd is the 5 supply fittings on the top and the 3rd is of the air dampner intake on the back. I've shown these pictures to Royall Furnace, Crown Royal Stoves, Crown Boiler, Energy King, and Maine Wood Furnaces...all denying recognition. Any other suggestions on possible companys that may have produced it would be greatly appreciated. I'm located in west Michigan and believe this boiler was first used on the east side of Michigan in a town called Algonac. Thank you for your time.
IMAG0580.jpg [ATTAC]75105[/ATTACH] IMAG0582.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0581.jpg
    IMAG0581.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 208
Home-made.

Thanks for looking at it and your input nrford. If I were a bettin' man, I would say this is not home-made. Maybe I'd be wrong but the construction, the welds, looks too uniform to have been a "one of a kind". Unless the guy I bought it from fibbed about a so called outer jacket he removed, I wouldn't think a home made one wouldn't have had a jacket at all. And to say it had a crown emblem on it, that would be total deception. He didn't seem that way. But, you never know. I'll post some other pics to show the whole unit later today. What part of NW Michigan are you from? I'm grew up from Indian River and have a hunting lodge northeast of Petoskey in the Alanson area.

With the exception of that unique door latch arrangement (which might be the homemade part), I'd say it looks like a LogWood from Marathon. Of course, that doesn't explain the crown logo. Can you post a photo of it?

Thanks for the reply Mr. Johnson. You might be on to something. I looked at the Marathon website and I agree, there are some similarities in the LogWood design of the openings in front and the supply lines on top. At least with their current line. I sent an email to them to ask if someone would look at it but haven't heard back yet.
I'm anticipating resistance from the insurance company in not having any knowledge of the boiler I'm asking them to OK in a garage installation. Wish me luck. Here are some additional pics.IMAG0592.jpgIMAG0594.jpgIMAG0595.jpgIMAG0599.jpgIMAG0600.jpgIMAG0601.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.