Need help with an old Essex wood/oil boiler.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luvmydamian

Sep 13, 2010
Central MA
I read an older thread regarding the Essex Thermodynamics dual fuel boiler. We bought a house last December that has a 1981 Essex model #G222 wood/oil boiler and we don't know how to use it. Burned oil all last winter, which as you may know is NOT very efficient. There is no manual for it and the former owner passed away, so we are stuck. Can anyone help me? We'd certainly appreciate it.

I just picked up this question about the essex. There happens to be a man just outside of Worchester who has the rights to all Essex sales. Last year I bought some parts from him and I have directesd others to him. His name is Manny Pacheco. His phone is 978-422-6950. If he can't help (he is sometimes long in getting back to people) I have a manual for a essex that is a little newer than yours (all basically the same) and I can answer any questions you have. Jim

my essex has been a great boiler. I heat a 2900 sq ft house and I usually load it before bed , again in the morning before work and usually throw a few pieces in when I get out of work. I usually go through about 6 full cord a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.