Need help with Austroflamm Intregra auger motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvMyStove

Dec 16, 2008
northwest CT
The auger on my 12-year old pellet stove has been making strange sounds and I will probably order a new one, even if it gets better after I clean out all the fines/sawdust in/around it. I read in one of the posts that the motor may be difficult to remove. Does anyone have experience with this operation? Also, can anyone tell me how to identify the right Integra auger motor? Most of the ones I see advertised have brief, if any information and are a little too vague for my comfort. Is there a part number? Do I want a "one RPM" motor? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

One more thing - make sure it is the motor making the noise rather than a bushing. Replacing a bushing will be far cheaper.

Thanks for the lead. I called CSH and will be talking to their tech in a little while. Their motor price was about $50 less than on other sites ($85 instead of $135). There's two of them listed so they have to let me know which one is the right motor for my Integra.

I should have added that, last night, the auger actually stopped for a couple of minutes when I filled the hopper and then it started up again before the fire went out. I'm not sure where the bushing would be located in relation to the motor (inside it?) but I'll probably find that out from the CSH tech.

Its pretty easy to repace the lower bushing. Its right at the motor shaft where it goes through the plate that holds the auger.
The whole auger assembly is easy to remove.

Make sure you have all the pellets out of the hopper
Disconnect wires from terminal board
Lossen and remove the allen head screws at the base of the auger "tube"(these will be metric).
Pull entire auger and motor out of stove
Vacuum well
reinstall

I could never get to the top to replace the upper bushing, I didn't spend enough time disassembling the stove

I think you will need some RTV/sealant around the bottom of the auger

This is what I can remember from a few years back

Keep us posted on how it works out. Many of the parts in pellet stoves seem fairly easy to install. Also, it would be wise to bookmark this forum. The people on here are incredible, knowledgeable and I have never had a question go unanswered. If you are willing to do a bit of your own maintenance and save just the hard stuff for the techs you will save a lot of money!

Status
Not open for further replies.