Need help with Harman P61A distribution blower...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanwop

Nov 22, 2010
Ca
Hi all, heres the situation...
have a Harman P61A for the past three years...just finished cleaning and ran it for the first time. The distribution blower on it ran during the test mode then shut off after a minute and was never able to get back going again...Besides the exhaust probe, anything else? The three blinking lights have never come on to indicate an issue with the probe and have tried the manual reset...thanks

Anyone know a way of testing the probe? As it connects directly to the control board, I'd be leary of jumping the contacts unless I was sure. Would not want to damage something there.

If the blower comes on in test mode, that would point me to a control point or sensing point somewhere...such as exhaust probe or even worse, control board.

Edit:Does the blower still come on in test or for a few seconds when you plug the stove into the outlet?

Get it fixed soon, warranty on most electrical parts is only 3 years.
I just had to replace my distribution fan after 2 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.