Need info on Buffalo Amherst Kitchen Range

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mark cline

Minister of Fire
Dec 20, 2012
Cattaraugus, NY
I have the same problem trying to find information on my cook stove. I have a 1908 Amherst B, manufactured by Buffalo Cooperative Stove Works ,Buffalo NY. Any information would be appreciated.

marks phone clean up 081.jpg marks phone clean up 078.jpg marks phone clean up 079.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a real beauty. Is this a coal or wood stove?

Buffalo cooperative stove company: Manufacturer of Amherst stoves and ranges, furnaces and job castings; founded in 1854, and located at Amherst and Tonawanda Sts., Buffalo, N.Y. I see them registered still in the early 1920s. This looks like one of their simpler stoves. The Amherst line had some really ornate stoves like this one:
https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/52364681_buffalo-co-op-stove-co-cast-iron-stove-117a-amherst

Never did find any information on my stove , really didn’t look much after the first post . If I ever come across any information I will post on here .
Been contemplating if I should convert to electric or if I should put the chimney up through the roof for wood , more of a novelty than really practical to cook on. I live in an Amish community, they only use the more modern type of wood fired stoves. Funny thing, they move them out to the porch for summer cooking, no ac of course, but I won’t use my propane range much during the summer due to the heat produced.