Need opinions and info on 2 Craigslist listings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know either - are they EPA stoves? If not, I would use the Federal tax credit to buy a new one for not a whole lot more money. They both seem expensive regardless.

They are both overpriced and fugly. Unless the first one came with 6 cords of fully seasoned locust and the second one came with 4 cords of fully seasoned locust.

Matt

EatenByLimestone said:
They are both overpriced and fugly. Unless the first one came with 6 cords of fully seasoned locust and the second one came with 4 cords of fully seasoned locust.

Matt

That's a little more direct than I was going to be, but I agree

Both of these stoves look like they have been cosmetically "enhanced" with red primer. That makes it hard to know what was covered up. Pass for the fugly paint job, high price and unknown history of the stoves.

Prior to these forums mod Mo Heat had some interesting experiences with the VC Winter Warm. Here's a link:

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/1397/

Status
Not open for further replies.