Need Some Hearth.com Mojo, Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Went on an interview in March, they didn't want me because my salary requirements were higher than they wanted to pay.

Last week, I get a phone call, they want a 2nd interview as the new hires haven't worked out :rolleyes:

I go in tomorrow at 5 PM.

Covert operation in progress.

Send some smoke my way, if ya can ;)

Reactions: ~*~Kathleen~*~
Just do it like you did it last time. Looks like it worked. As an old joke goes "We already have established that. Now we are just talking about price.".

Good luck Dix. we're pulling for you.

Seriously, that's good news - they obviously like you if they chose you by name in the second draft (despite the "high" salary requirements).

Good luck GF..." sLo_hug2.gif"
Maybes they will now realize, "You get what you pay for!"

Fingers crossed! Smoke sent!

Smoke enroute from the north country, good luck.................................

Keeping fingers crossed for you. So glad your value is being recognized! Best of luck!!!

Good luck Dix.

setting the woods on fire now, should see smoke shortly
the old step over a dollar to pick up a dime

Winds of fortune I send your way
May your charm bedazzle a new boss today.
Luck be carried like smoke from the fire,
To the eyes of those who will hire!

Reactions: PapaDave
Sending some smoke your way dix....was actually down in Old Bethpage a few weeks ago....wasn't sure if that was close to you at all.
Tell em what you want for $$$ and stick to it.
Best of luck!

I stuck to my guns. The "guy" apologized for calling me in once he realized it was "me".

*not happy*

I have the philosophy that if it doesn't work out it's all for the best. If they can't see your value or they aren't willing to pay for it, then you don't want to work for them. If you are a hard worker, smart, and show up regularly any company would be lucky to have you. I know how frustrating job hunting can be, I do wish you the best.

I got the impression it was a "fishing for your salary requirements" thingy.

Why would you waste my time & yours if you already knew what I need, and what you want to pay, and you don't want to do it????????

*throws hands up in the air and gets a glass of wine*

PS - Jags, I'd pass a drug test these days :confused:

Sending smoke your way. I hope they don't do random drug tests.

I dunno. The drug test might be multiple choice.

Hold out for the good stuff. None of that shwag they sell the tourists.

Status
Not open for further replies.