Needed Motor for parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwyoung2007

Jan 2, 2011
Urbanette, AR
Does anyone have an old combustion motor off a 25 pdvc I need the shaft out of one mine is bent. It is a fasco motor. I am sure I will end up replacing the whole motor but if someone has one i can rebuild from parts i would be much happier.

jwyoung2007 said:
Does anyone have an old combustion motor off a 25 pdvc I need the shaft out of one mine is bent........

Can't help on the old motor, but I'm pretty curious of how in the world the motor shaft got bent on a fan motor. :eek:hh:

My buddy used a fasco motor off a gas furnace on his Breckwell, it's a insert so it stick's out on side, as long as it has the same rpm and amp's you can use anything that will bolt on

i do belieive it will work I will PM you. Thanks. I am going to meet a guy in the AM about a motor from a furnace. At this point with the snow and ice coming I want to get it going. Even if it might mean the motor sticks out a little for now.

imacman said:
jwyoung2007 said:
Does anyone have an old combustion motor off a 25 pdvc I need the shaft out of one mine is bent........

Can't help on the old motor, but I'm pretty curious of how in the world the motor shaft got bent on a fan motor. :eek:hh:
I would have to say that I beleive it to be user error while trying to remove the bearings.

Pellet-King said:
My buddy used a fasco motor off a gas furnace......
Thank you so much for that idea. I am back up and burning and so quite compared to what I am used to. I went to see a buddy who works for a heating and air place and we dug around his old furnaces and found one that is perfect looks like it belongs there. And so quite that I keep checking to make sure its still going. The old motor was so loud I couldnt hardly stand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.