Neighbor switched to pellets....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
Which turned out to be a good thing for me. Just took about 1.25 cord of dry wood out of his barn and stacked it in my ready piles for next season. Certainly made life a lot easier. Also put me on track to have enough wood for the coming year. Just a couple more cord and I am there!

Get busy Remkel. Time is running short. Try to get 2-3 years ahead and life will be much better.

I agree about the maple syrup making you smile. Try it on vanilla ice cream too. Yummy.

Trying, Backwoods, trying.

Actually may order a couple cord to get myself ahead. Problem is, storage space- only have 1.3 acres.

As for the maple syrup, managed to produce about 35 gallons this year......swimming in maple goodness :)

Remkel said:
Which turned out to be a good thing for me. Just took about 1.25 cord of dry wood out of his barn and stacked it in my ready piles for next season. Certainly made life a lot easier. Also put me on track to have enough wood for the coming year. Just a couple more cord and I am there!

Now that is what I call a good neighbor! Hard to beat a deal like that!

Ray

Nice score, did you ask him if he could deliver it for you and stack it at your place to. :lol:

certified106 said:
Nice score, did you ask him if he could deliver it for you and stack it at your place to. :lol:

I was more than happy to do that labor. Dry wood, ready to burn, stacked it under the deck in the immediate location of the walk in basement doors so I would not have to go far for it. It also leaves more space in the sun for the "wetter" stuff to dry.

Now I can begin focusing on looking ahead. My wife does not know it, but the yard is going to look like a sawmill in a matter of months :)

Remkel, have you made any maple candy? That's one way to lessen the inventory....but you have to guard that candy pretty tight. lol

First, so as to stay on topic, we used about 2.5 cord of wood during the season.

As for your inquiry, no, we do not make candy, we are syrup producers. We have noticed, though, that the boil can bring in some eye candy if that counts :)

Hello

You have a very nice neighbor. I wish my neighbor would switch to a wood stove and let me have the remaining bags of wood pellets!!! LOL

Remi - sweet! Can't beat an easy score like that and seasoned to boot! Any way you can manage a log load at your house? I'd be happy to help you buck/split. Also, you'd be welcome to store wood at my house to season - plenty of space if you want to get ahead - I even promise not to burn from your stacks.......Cheers!

Jacques,

Thanks for the offer. I will let you know! I have considered getting a grapple load delivered here...would probably have to buck it right on the driveway as i do not have many level places in the yard. I have probably another 3/4 of a cord to split at my neighbors (yup, same neighbor, we took a couple trees down this winter) and I have some promises to keep at two other neighbors. I will then be looking to get ahead- there are a lot of large oaks around my house that look more and more tempting each year!

Remkel said:
Jacques,

Thanks for the offer. I will let you know! I have considered getting a grapple load delivered here...would probably have to buck it right on the driveway as i do not have many level places in the yard. I have probably another 3/4 of a cord to split at my neighbors (yup, same neighbor, we took a couple trees down this winter) and I have some promises to keep at two other neighbors. I will then be looking to get ahead- there are a lot of large oaks around my house that look more and more tempting each year!

Sounds good Remi - you are more than welcome if you decide you need a spot to store a bunch of wood to season. Cheers, Jacques

Remkel said:

You gotta love having neighbors like that! That wood has been drying in a barn for well over a year, maybe even close to two now. It was all "clean up" from the ice storm a couple winters back. Should get you some nice clean heat out of the new F600.

BradH70 said:
Remkel said:

You gotta love having neighbors like that! That wood has been drying in a barn for well over a year, maybe even close to two now. It was all "clean up" from the ice storm a couple winters back. Should get you some nice clean heat out of the new F600.

Thank you, Neighbor!

Status
Not open for further replies.