Never Again! Blaze King Dealer Did Me Wrong

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiram Maxim

Minister of Fire
Nov 25, 2007
SE Michigan
All of a sudden my stove stopped giving me my long burn times and wouldn't stay in the active zone with the T-Stat set at "1" Low.

So I called Blaze King direct and spoke with "Dan" (what an awesome guy) we went through the stove and within a few minutes he had my problem figured out! :)

He gave me the part #0341c and told me to call the dealer.

Exactly one month ago tomorrow, I called the Blaze King Dealer I purchased my stove from to order a gasket that went bad around my Catalytic converter.

I spoke with Jodi and she said she would call the distributor and get one right out to me.......

She said "When the part arrived I could call with the invoice number and pay with my credit card", ok no problem. (I do the same for my own customers)

So fast forward through a vacation to Florida, having a nasty cold, burning the Englander 30 this whole time and waiting for the parts, NOTHING!

I called up my dealer TOPEKA SEED & STOVE and was told it was never ordered as Jodi had Forgot!!!!!!! >:-(

No apology, No, we will get that out to you at no cost, our bad!.....Nope!!!! will re-order it for You!

Ok,Now I'm a little P.O. at this point and actually ask them if they will have the courtesy to send me the gasket at their cost for the mistake?

NO WAY! CANT DO THAT! Jodi says....Her domineer was very unprofessional

I kindly explained to her that I have sent at the very least 40 people her way and 4 of my personal close friends/neighbors have purchased from them.

I also inform her that what she is doing is a false economy on her part as I will no longer direct people to her business, give her business and will steer people clear of the business.

She says She knows Ive sent her quite a few people but it doesn't matter. :wow: Then she states that if I want the gasket, she will have to get my credit card number from me.

So now because of her mistake she doesn't trust me?

She then says she will pay shipping if I pay for the gasket.......

I told her forget it, its a matter of principle in my book.

If I treated my customers like that I would be out of business

Anyway thats my $.02

I spoke with Dan from BK again today and got a few numbers and will try some other dealers :blank:

Never again!

IMHO if Blaze King wants to have excellent customer service, they should look at the model that England Stove Works uses, No BS dealers, customer Direct, and fast service/shipping!!!!!!!

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOPEKA SEED & STOVE
514. E. LAKE ST.
TOPEKA, IN 46571

Geesh Hiram
You done nothing but brag about BKs. Now get treated like that is just wrong.
There was another post about a BK dealer with an unhappy owner in Fairbanks that stopped dealing with them.
Good luck.
Sorry to here about bad/poor customer service.

bogydave said:
Geesh Hiram
You done nothing but brag about BKs. Now get treated like that is just wrong.
There was another post about a BK dealer with an unhappy owner in Fairbanks that stopped dealing with them.
Good luck.
Sorry to here about bad/poor customer service.

Dave,

I've been a fan boy, supporter, promoter, and bragger......Yup!

Not going to lie......I'm livid

I'm a pretty mellow guy and it takes a lot to get me steamed :vampire:

And guess I'm somewhat perplexed that after explaining the situation directly to BK, I got no direct support for a freaking gasket! :grrr:

When I got mine home from Storey Stone in Jackson, I couldn't find the cat probe. It was in the stove, smashed between firebricks.

"Oops, sorry. We'll get one to you next day."
"Umm, it's May. Regular shipping will be fine."
"Nope. Wanna make sure you get it."

So, how was Florida?

I guess the only thing longer than a blaze king burn time is Blaze King customer service...

Its really all about the person working. These companies need to hire better people. Not sales men who just take orders and work on commission..

jeff_t said:
When I got mine home from Storey Stone in Jackson, I couldn't find the cat probe. It was in the stove, smashed between firebricks.

"Oops, sorry. We'll get one to you next day."
"Umm, it's May. Regular shipping will be fine."
"Nope. Wanna make sure you get it."

So, how was Florida?

That's proactive!

Florida was great, turned off my Arthritis a bit :)

sebring said:
I guess the only thing longer than a blaze king burn time is Blaze King customer service...

Its really all about the person working. These companies need to hire better people. Not sales men who just take orders and work on commission..

Well in this case its the actual owners of the stove shop, actually owners daughter!

But its a direct reflection on the manufacture that their representing.

Webmaster said:
I'm going to go against the grain here and say that asking them to send it to you for their cost or for free is not - IMHO - something the customer should demand.

Such niceties are only really meaningful when they are offered.

Really, so You would rather loose potential customers, future profit, and tick off your patron that has sent you thousands of dollars in business, then bite Your tongue,admit Your mistake and offer to make things right after 4 weeks over $10? Interesting!

Believe me it would have been meaningful to me either way! And it never hurts to ask......

Hiram Maxim said:
jeff_t said:
When I got mine home from Storey Stone in Jackson, I couldn't find the cat probe. It was in the stove, smashed So, how was Florida?

That's proactive!

Your too young to have that stuff!!!

ddown said:
Hiram Maxim said:
jeff_t said:
When I got mine home from Storey Stone in Jackson, I couldn't find the cat probe. It was in the stove, smashed So, how was Florida?

That's proactive!

Your too young to have that stuff!!!

Tell me about it.....

Hope all is well

Maybe it is just my personality but I would not get so worked up over a gasket that cost a few dollars. Couldn't you just order it online? I would just choose not to shop there any more and keep my blood pressure down. good luck on the part.

Penny wise and pound foolish.
Can't believe she didn't apologize.

My gasket is shot also..nice link!
I guess two ft, is long enough.

Glad the 30 kept ya warm. ;-)

Man, between WS ss cat problems & now sales dept of BK...I think VC sales guys got positions with BK and VC Cat-Tech dudes with WS :bug:

This is the end!!

The problem is not "getting all worked up".
It is the small things that show customer service:
"I'll throw a hat in with that"
A smile & "Sorry we can't do it free, but I'll make sure it's expedited for you"

With everything becoming e-mail, online & no person to person contact, customer service has lost allot of ground.
Pride in job, employer, employees & gaining customers respect is becoming a lost American value.
It's not that we "expect" to be treated well, we just move our business when we are not. Most times it's the employees having a bad day & we understand that. But if the corporation reflects the same low or no "good customer service" practices or training for it's representatives, many of us are bothered by that & put a "check mark" in the box ("no more of my business") of that store, product or brand.
In the big scheme of things, it probably don't matter to them, but I assure you , it matters to many of us :)
It's difficult for some of us to forget that a handshake & a persons "word" was more valuable than a written contract a few years ago.
The little things are important, not the value $$ of it. :)

Isn't that gasket covered under some type of warranty?

Hiram, that is a terrible thing to read about. Sadly, I and no doubt many on this forum have had that type of an experience with other companies and not necessarily in the wood heating business. It happens all the time and is getting worse. I also know this is one of the big reasons that Woodstock went to direct selling rather than working with dealers. Plain and simple, all dealers are not good.

I hope you read the thread I just posted: thread

Status
Not open for further replies.