Never send a boy to do a man's job.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: Reminds me of when I was about 5 or 6 at maternal Grandparents house during a family reunion.It was summertime,quite warm & they had this small very old cast iron cookstove with some potted flowers on the top at west end of the yard.I was snooping around,opened the door,stuck my head in there & BOOM! several angry bees or hornets came flying out of there.

Scared me so bad I run back to the porch bawling,slipped on the grass at least once & fell down in the shrubs.Of course about 20 adults & older children were sitting around there & seen the entire thing,which made it even worse. :red:

And your point is?????

*kudos to the boy for even trying* :)

He got a hell of a lot closer to it than I ever would. :ahhh:

My son is still afraid of bees in spite of us having hives when he was growing up. Oh well, he still loves their honey.

I am reminded of my high school biology teacher. Said she never got married because it was "Love me. Love my bugs.". :ahhh:

Hope her nickname wasn't 'Crabby'?

When she brought the tarantulas from home one day I understood completely.

She was a fun lady though. Flaming redhead.

BrotherBart said:

I'm making the connection and not sure I like the implications :mad:

I had such a laugh over the bee incident. It was my son and his friend, and a conundrum that lasted about a half hour. I ended up fixing it myself. FTR there were no bees out that day. although they claim there was one.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:

:cheese:

Couldn't get a word in edgewise on that one. Looks like the decision had been made, NO WAY MAN!

BrotherBart said:
~*~Kathleen~*~ said:

:cheese:

Eh, if you don't have large spiders you should be ok.... You don't have large spiders do you?

Matt

loon said:
Thats a great vid for sure kathleen ;-) Dont blame the young lad for the run at all :)

loon

In cold weather there's usually very little activity (if any) around the hive. But it's funny what the mind can conjure up.

BeGreen said:
loon said:
Thats a great vid for sure kathleen ;-) Dont blame the young lad for the run at all :)

loon

In cold weather there's usually very little activity (if any) around the hive. But it's funny what the mind can conjure up.

I think I am staying away from NC. I have a mental pic of a lady with a torch out warming up the hive just prior to my arrival. :ahhh:

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
BrotherBart said:

Seems unlikely that BB meant that his teacher was... well, um... let's just say that was B4 weedwackers were invented;)

BrotherBart said:
I have a mental pic of a lady with a torch out warming up the hive just prior to my arrival. :ahhh:

20,000 pissed off women instead of just the one.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
BrotherBart said:
I have a mental pic of a lady with a torch out warming up the hive just prior to my arrival. :ahhh:

20,000 pissed off women instead of just the one.

Or 2 or more. Cancel that. Def More.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
A bee party

Yeah, but the nectar ran away, K.

My dad was a beekeeper. He would open the hive bare chested with just a smoker and a fresh leaved branch to swipe the bees aside so he could inspect the combs. He had some kind of relationship with those bees.... he knew just how to approach them. Yes he got stung once in a while but he just brushed them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.