New Accentra Insert Install Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBWheel

Sep 24, 2011
Eastern PA
Well. It arrived! I had my Harman Accentra Insert installed. Loving it but have a question about the install. To me, the combustion blower (on the bottom of the unit) seems pretty loud with a vibration noise. The sound of the blower for the hot air (Distribution Blower) is reasonable.

The installer used the leveling bolts and the frame and stove itself is jacked up by the 4 silver leveling bolts about 1/2 inch off the ground. Is this ok? For reference, I used a fancy store bought hearth extension in the front of the fireplace which is about 1 1/2 inches high off the floor. To me, the four bolts holding up this heavy thing is causing the combusion blower to sound pretty loud and you can feel the vibration a little on the hearth pad. The bolts are sitting directly on top of the extension (there are no rubber feet or pads on them) and in the back of the fire place on a brick/stone shims pieces on each side. Also there are 4 blue screws from the inside of the stove drilled toward the bottom of the fireplace, I guess to hold it in place. Does this all sound right?

I figured the bottom of the Frame/stove should sit right on the hearth in the front and bricks/stone in the back and the leveling bolts should just be up slightly to level it. Of course I didn't realize this until he left and I was looking with the flashlight. I also didn't notice the "loud" combustion blower as we had the thing going full blast while he was here. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Attachments

• Optimized-1 of 3 question.jpg
    Optimized-1 of 3 question.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 272
  • Optimized-2 of 3 question.jpg
    Optimized-2 of 3 question.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 267
  • Optimized-3 of 3 question.jpg
    Optimized-3 of 3 question.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 252
Your stove has to be level.

Your actual stove is within a frame. That frame is what is leveled and I believe is what you are seeing.

You can slide your entire stove out and check that frame for level and fit. I would start there and see if you have any wobbling.

Rick

Thanks for the reply. The frame is level and no wobbling. Is it proper to have the frame and stove jacked up with the four leveling bolts 1/2 inch high?

The leveling bolts should be what makes your system level. what you should have though is one bolt perhaps only one thread through and the rest set at whatever is needed to level at that hight. All 4 bolts should not be 1/2 inch exposed. that just levels the stove 1/2 inch above the deck.

There is also a set of bolts up top to act to wedge the system in the masonry fireplace. Are those tight?

You can lower the whole unit but you have to adjust everything evenly which will take some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.