New Craigslist add for pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the most part, Michigan's have not received very good reviews here. Too bad the weather is getting warm....tough to do a real test in his stove, but I wouldn't buy a large quantity until he tried a few bags.

I bought 4 ton off of this guy last year gave us a hand hand loading them in our truck I don't ever have people forklift the pellets in. The pellets heat wise were good they produce a lot of ash. Very few fines in the bag.

woodsman23 said:
delivered,stacked and everything for 235 a ton... My neighbor down a ways wants pellets should he?

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/hsh/1742017245.html
Michigan's didn't make middle of the road for me. Didn't you say you could get Instant Heat for less? Slightly better as far as ash content but if the price is right, Why not.

I would have him keep a look out for Cubex, I think they were going cheap up your way. $210/ton with out delivery(or something like that). There has to be something better than the Michigan's at $235. I paid $230 for Cubex and $239 for Hamer Hot Ones in Higher priced CT(not counting deliver cause I pick up my own).

Keep an eye out for Somersets, Barefoots and maybe even Okies for the other hot, low ash brands. Dry Creek was also pretty good. There were alot of brands that out did the Michigan's anyway. They will burn OK but there pretty ashy at around .80%(When I tested them).

There are other supplies but this guy is lazy and does not want to unload 3-4 tons in his shed. this guy will do everything for 235 a ton. I can get instant heat for 199 right now but i am all set with 4 tons of AWF that i got very cheap this year...

woodsman23 said:
There are other supplies but this guy is lazy and does not want to unload 3-4 tons in his shed. this guy will do everything for 235 a ton. I can get instant heat for 199 right now but i am all set with 4 tons of AWF that i got very cheap this year...

AWF for $199 is a deal and are far better pellets than the Michigan's! I quess if the extra work of delivery,moving, and stacking is included, And he thinks its a deal? It's his call, but He will be doing some extra cleaning compared to better brands out there.

jtakeman said:
woodsman23 said:

AWF for $199 is a deal and are far better pellets than the Michigan's! I quess if the extra work of delivery,moving, and stacking is included, And he thinks its a deal? It's his call, but He will be doing some extra cleaning compared to better brands out there.

I guess a deal, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder!

Status
Not open for further replies.