New Direct Vent Install Pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fxst

Aug 14, 2009
northern IL
Hi, It has been a while but we have finally come to a point were I felt comfortable enough to show my thanks to this forum and post my pictures of our new Regency Bellavista 36. Thanks for all the help and I hope you like them..... Thanks again, Mike

And it took me a while to figure out how to get pictures to post... I am not that great with computer stuff !!!!

Attachments

• fireplace 005 (Small).jpg
    fireplace 005 (Small).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 542
  • fireplace 007 (Small).jpg
    fireplace 007 (Small).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 524
  • fireplace 008 (Small).jpg
    fireplace 008 (Small).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 527
  • fireplace 010 (Small).jpg
    fireplace 010 (Small).jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 526
fxst said:
Hi, Thanks for the reply.. at least some one likes it!!!!!

I thought it was pretty damn good, too. Nice work.

Thanks for the nice replies. The flame is really impressive compared to a lot of units we looked at. and believe me we looked at a lot before pulling the trigger on this one. I have not put the little packet of Embers into the log set yet. Not even sure what they do or if they make much of a difference..... I Know its a rather simple design but Im not a cabinet maker and I did build the whole thing out of good quality 3/4 oak from menards when it went on sale. The tumbled marble squares were from lowes on sale and and on both sides of the cabinet at the bottom are large acces panels with magnetic latches for being able to inspect the unit and service the electrical and gas. Right now Im kind of looking around for a simple on/ off remote control to turn the unit on and off, thats next. Thanks to franks recommendation the wall behind it is insulated and a combination of cement board and fire rated wall board for safety. The scariest part was definetly cutting the hole in the side of the house for the venting exit. Your familiar with the expression measure twice cut once? This was more like measure 100 times over 2 day period and Cut once !!!!!

Hello

Very Nice, Good Job!

Now you can have fun at Xmass time like we do with ours! See pic below:

That is a wood burning DVD on the built in Flat Screen above the SL-550-TRS-D IPI DV with a soundtrack choice of either crackling wood sounds or Yule type Xmass songs!!

Also the raised hearth has a FHW with oil built in hydronic KickSpace heater when we use the Oil heat!

Attachments

• MediaCenter630sc.jpg
    MediaCenter630sc.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 448
  • MediaCenter0070sc.jpg
    MediaCenter0070sc.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 436
fxst said:
Thanks for the nice replies. The flame is really impressive compared to a lot of units we looked at. and believe me we looked at a lot before pulling the trigger on this one. I have not put the little packet of Embers into the log set yet. Not even sure what they do or if they make much of a difference..... I Know its a rather simple design but Im not a cabinet maker and I did build the whole thing out of good quality 3/4 oak from menards when it went on sale. The tumbled marble squares were from lowes on sale and and on both sides of the cabinet at the bottom are large acces panels with magnetic latches for being able to inspect the unit and service the electrical and gas. Right now Im kind of looking around for a simple on/ off remote control to turn the unit on and off, thats next. Thanks to franks recommendation the wall behind it is insulated and a combination of cement board and fire rated wall board for safety. The scariest part was definetly cutting the hole in the side of the house for the venting exit. Your familiar with the expression measure twice cut once? This was more like measure 100 times over 2 day period and Cut once !!!!!

Hello fxst
I know what you mean about cutting the outside hole! I added an extension to the DV so the fireplace would stick out more and I could run 3" PVC behind it to run the TV and Surround System and Media Server wires!

As far as operating the fireplace, I tried the Remote Thermostat and was disappointed because the turn on temp did not seem to be very accurate. That is the black control in the middle in the pic below.

So then I put in a manual switch which is the bottom switch on the left in the picture. The top switch are the lights above the mantle.

Then I added a millivolt HoneyWell 5-2 Programmable Thermostat and wow, that works the best! I set it for 70 Degrees and forget it! The flame and blower go on and off automatically and the room is always a comfy 70 Degrees!!!

See pic below and click to enlarge!

Attachments

• MediaCenter670sc.jpg
    MediaCenter670sc.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 395
I love the B36XT.
What a great looking fireplace, i install quite a few of them.
You get used to cutting vent holes after a while. Measuring a bunch before cutting is always a good idea.
Again.... Looks fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.