New Empress install--pictures will follow!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrendainNJ

Nov 6, 2010
NW NJ
Hi all, we DID make the 12/31 deadline!!!! Stove is now running, although since it's in the 40s outside, it's HOT in here & the stove is only set to #2 :lol:

The OAK isn't hooked up yet but will be soon since our inspector won't pass it without it. Although my husband was going to build the hearthpad, time simply ran out. So although I liked the tile I picked out better, I'm so happy to have the stove running. The flame is simply beautiful; my 4-yr-old likes all the "sparkles" that it makes!

Thanks for all the guidance & questions answered; I'm amazed at how many stoves we went thru before ending up with this one. (Had ordered a Sante Fe but had to cancel since our inspector would not pass it with an OAK installed and it sits 2' from a window.) I'm sure I would have been happy with that one too, but this one sure is pretty!!

BTW, how do I add the stove to my 'signature'?

BrnedainNJ said:
Hi all, we DID make the 12/31 deadline!!!! Stove is now running, although since it's in the 40s outside, it's HOT in here & the stove is only set to #2 :lol:

The OAK isn't hooked up yet but will be soon since our inspector won't pass it without it. Although my husband was going to build the hearthpad, time simply ran out. So although I liked the tile I picked out better, I'm so happy to have the stove running. The flame is simply beautiful; my 4-yr-old likes all the "sparkles" that it makes!

Thanks for all the guidance & questions answered; I'm amazed at how many stoves we went thru before ending up with this one. (Had ordered a Sante Fe but had to cancel since our inspector would not pass it with an OAK installed and it sits 2' from a window.) I'm sure I would have been happy with that one too, but this one sure is pretty!!

BTW, how do I add the stove to my 'signature'?

go to your control panel at the top. happy heating :cheese:

We got our Enviro empress mid Nov. and love it. What color did you get?

We just got the standard matte black. I loved the enamel chestnut but the budget wouldn't allow it. The black does look nice; once I live with it I may keep it that way or decide to take the plunge & paint it myself in the spring. We got the black pipe to match so at least everything is the same color.

Status
Not open for further replies.