New England Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveo

Jun 6, 2008
Maine
I am assuming these are NEWP, i can get a ton for $239. Is this a good deal? I have been burning the green team but lowes wants close to $300 per ton and I am not paying that. The place with the NEWP also has the Athens for $199 per ton but i think I am going to pass on those.

Thumbs UP on the NEWP. Paying $270 a ton around here and have burned them for the last 3 years.

Steveo said:
I am assuming these are NEWP, i can get a ton for $239. Is this a good deal? I have been burning the green team but lowes wants close to $300 per ton and I am not paying that. The place with the NEWP also has the Athens for $199 per ton but i think I am going to pass on those.

Hey Steveo,
Where 'bouts in Maine did you find the NEWP for that price, if you don't mind my asking?
Thanks

Bryant Energy in Mechanic Falls, Maine. I am have second thoughts about the NEWP because I was just reading a bunch of bad reviews so I am not sure what I am going to buy now.

The bad reviews???? Where are they so I may read as well....Before I buy my supplies for this season.

Steveo said:

The issues were more from the NY plant and not so much from the NH plant. NH has had a much better product. After we all complained about the quality NEWP did better there product. $239 seems decent for NEWP and The $199 for Athens which are also producing a far better pellet sounds promising. I certainly would not be buying the Green Teams at there going price of $300/ton.

Personally I would be trying(at least a sample) of some Athens. I think the quality just might surprise us this year!

I use NEWP's from NY plant last year and was not happy. I will be reluctant to use again this year. Waiting to hear price on Long Island this year.

eschills said:
I use NEWP's from NY plant last year and was not happy. I will be reluctant to use again this year. Waiting to hear price on Long Island this year.
Was this current stock or old stock at the time? If the dealer had them sitting around from the previous year, you could have gotten some that weren't the best. I sold a couple hundred ton of those last year and had no problems with them ( they were from the NY plant). I'm selling for $236 so it sounds like those prices are in line.

eschills said:

eschills, where are you located in LI ? Are you anywhere near Copiague? This guy has AWF, which I think is a good pellet, 2 ton free local delivery $514 total no tax nassau , or 3 ton free local delivery $771 total no tax nassau.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/grd/1867098028.html

Status
Not open for further replies.