New feed motor for 1999 Quad 1200i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lekcombs

Oct 12, 2019
Black Hills SD
I went ahead and ordered a new motor, now I have a question about the molex connector to the existing harness. At the price of the motor, I don't want to do anything that may screw this up. I assume the capacitor on the new motor wiring will bypass the one in the j-box? The wire configuration on the motor differs from the existing configuration of the harness it will attach too. I found a previous thread that seemed to address this but I just wanted to make sure. I took two pictures, one with the old motor with it connected. The second one is the new motor (with capacitor) connected into existing harness. My question is, will this work even tho the wiring configurations don't match? I haven't put any power to it yet as I wanted to make sure this is ok and won't screw up a 200.00 motor......this thing is killing' me smalls! Thanks for your help!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5644.jpg
    IMG_5644.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5646.jpg
    IMG_5646.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 91
I assume the capacitor on the new motor wiring will bypass the one in the j-box?

Electrically no, the cap in the junction box is still in the circuit. But im told thats all they used to do back in the day is replace the motor and cap.

I can’t enlarge the picture to see if there is a wire in the last slot on the molex ( second pic) using my phone. As long as there is no wires touching or grounded turn it on and try it.

I assume the capacitor on the new motor wiring will bypass the one in the j-box?

Electrically no, the cap in the junction box is still in the circuit. But im told thats all they used to do back in the day is replace the motor and cap.

I can’t enlarge the picture to see if there is a wire in the last slot on the molex ( second pic) using my phone. As long as there is no wires touching or grounded turn it on and try it.

That's correct ...... in the existing molex there are wires in #1, 2, 3, #4 is empty. I have to work today but I'll get on it as soon as I get off. Have fingers crossed, hoping like heck this does it. Thanks Ssyko!

She's up and running! Was finally able to get to it with no distractions....after I replaced the motor I was half afraid to even fire it up for fear it wouldn't work, I think that would sent me over the edge LOL. A big shout out to this forum and for all your help Ssyko, I couldn't have done it otherwise......I had no idea how noisy it was until I put in this motor, can't hear it at all. Thanks again for all the help and advice, it's truly appreciated!

I'm glad it's working for ya! Stay warm ;)