New Firewood Rack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
Bought this online at Plow & Hearth for $69. Should give me 2-3 days worth. It also has a nice try to sit on to alleviate the mess. Wifey likes.

Attachments

• 100_1218.jpg
    100_1218.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,353
  • 100_1219.jpg
    100_1219.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,300
I always like the looks of those holders, but the mess drove me away. I see that this model has tried to lessen that with the tray add on. Good for them.... and if the wifey likes, don't knock it. ;-)

Looks good.

I have a tile floor that helps with the debris cleanup but it is a reality. I usually sweep up every other day or so to keep my wife happy.

You do realize that you now live in cat house don't you? :coolcheese:

Once that lil rock goes to work the Fireview is gonna be lonely downstairs. Fired about once every three days.

BrotherBart said:
You do realize that you now live in cat house don't you? :coolcheese:

Once that lil rock goes to work the Fireview is gonna be lonely downstairs. Fired about once every three days.

Nah, we sleep downstairs so both cats will get plenty of attention. :)

You know, the more I see it the more I like the Keystone versus the Fireview.

Nice wood rack.
Where's the fire?
Got room to store some wood in the stove too. :)
fire starter, kindling, some nice splits.
Would look good & you'd be ready when (not if) it gets cold ;)

No fires til middle of next week, I'm enjoying Indian summer too much.

I gotta tell ya, you nailed that hearth and installation. The heat is just gonna roll out of that good looking thing. No way it could look better or be designed better for heating. Even after the cat stove burns for six weeks on three splits, :coolsmirk: , the bricks are gonna release heat for many hours.

Thanks BB. We are pretty pleased with the new install. I still cringe when I think how close I came to installing an insert in there. Only 6 weeks from 3 splits? Dang I might have to send her back. :lol:

Okay, it has to be said, so it might as well be me. "Nice Rack!"

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
Okay, it has to be said, so it might as well be me. "Nice Rack!"

:lol:

Reactions: ISeeDeadBTUs
That is one good looking Rack, I am getting the larger one......... Thanks for the pics...

Pagey said:
You know, the more I see it the more I like the Keystone versus the Fireview.

Same here . . . the biggest thing about the Fireview that turned me off was that it was too fancy and ornate for my tastes . . . the Keystone is more to my liking . . . just a bit small I think for my needs . . . which is why I am very interested in seeing Woodstock's final design of their Frakenstove.

Ernienomoreoil said:
That is one good looking Rack, I am getting the larger one......... Thanks for the pics...

I've heard that if you don't like the smaller rack you can pay a little more and get a larger rack. . . . ;) :) . . . we are talking about wood racks still, right? ;)

Easy Jake, you got to be polite... I thought this was all about the fire wood and the wood heating experience.

Thanks for posting the pics. I'm looking for a smaller rack to fit between the stove and the exterior door. Looks like their small decorative woodrack for $29 will fit the bill.

Todd,

I am considering ordering this rack but I am concerned about it fitting . It can be no wider than 20" to fit the location I am going to place it . The listed size is 28" x 19-1/2" x 37"H

What is the width of the black pan ?

Thanks for posting this "nice"rack.

MC

Mike_C said:
Todd,

I am considering ordering this rack but I am concerned about it fitting . It can be no wider than 20" to fit the location I am going to place it . The listed size is 28" x 19-1/2" x 37"H

What is the width of the black pan ?

Thanks for posting this "nice"rack.

MC

Mine is 28"x 19". I guess they cheated me out of a 1/2"! :lol:

Todd

The order has been placed.

Thanks fo the fast reply and all the other great posts.

MC

Status
Not open for further replies.