New gadget "The Pellet Pail"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Great gift for your sweetheart? Is that women in the video having fun???
See Video
http://www.pelletpail.com/

This wording could mean different things!!!
Tired of pellet spills ... and dealing with an ugly bag?

Attachments

• PelletPail.jpg
    PelletPail.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,635
Seems a little pricey for a plastic bucket with a cutter in the bottom. I do like the concept, though.

heat seeker said:
Seems a little pricey for a plastic bucket with a cutter in the bottom. I do like the concept, though.

Well I can get a plastic bucket and drive a few nails into the bottom for a nice redneck pellet bucket for $10 bucks!

Yes way to costly for a pellet pail. I use a coal bucket that I bought for $20. It is made of heavy sheet metal and holds about 20lbs.. I keep a pair of scissors in the garage to open the bags.

DMZX said:
Yes way to costly for a pellet pail. I use a coal bucket that I bought for $20. It is made of heavy sheet metal and holds about 20lbs.. I keep a pair of scissors in the garage to open the bags.

I use a razor blade knife, Just a quick slice is all you need!

Hello

If you have to lift a 40lb bag then it is not as easy!

Here is my Invention. See >> http://library.thinkquest.org/27948/pulley.html

The "Wood Pellet Pulley" system

Just clip it onto the bag and pull the rope or a more expensive motorized unit, just press the button.

Then move the bag over the stove using the overhead track or on a close line type line.

Then slit open the bottom right over the open hopper!!!

See pic below!

Now serving "Stove Chow" - Hoist away!!

Attachments

• WoodPelletPulley.jpg
    WoodPelletPulley.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 822
Yea but...

You still have to bring the bag into the house, if you're keeping the Pelletpail next to the stove. OTOH, if the pail is next to your pellet supply, then you have to carry it to your stove. One way or the other, you're carrying 40 pounds!

Hey, did you notice the enormous dust cloud when she dumped the bag? I wonder if hubby gets the dusting chores in their house? (Seeing how she's the one carrying in the bags of pellets)?!

On another note, IMO all the genuine maple handles and gold trim in the world doesn't make up for the fact that the Pelletpail is made out of PLASTIC!

EarlyMan

EarlyMan said:
Yea but...

On another note, IMO all the genuine maple handles and gold trim in the world doesn't make up for the fact that the Pelletpail is made out of PLASTIC!

EarlyMan

Yabbut - it won't rust! :lol: :lol:

And if the pellets do catch fire, it will make a smokey mess...

imacman said:
sinnian said:
That stupid pail has been around for years.

And it's been WAY overpriced for years too. :ahhh:

Seen that bucket awhile ago at Forum member kinsman stoves shop. Neat idea. But to costly. Agreed.

Using 2 Coal/Hod Pails works just as well. Wont open the bag for you. Each bucket holds 20 lbs, 1 bag for 2 buckets (I only use these for Looks only). My Wife used them a couple times when I couldn't make it home to feed the stove (She was Pregnant last season. Cant lift too much)

Attachments

• Done-till next year.jpg
    Done-till next year.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 891
The day I can lift a bag of pellets and slit it with my knife, I'll stop burning pellets. Anyhow, that photo looks like she is pooping out pellets and that there made me gigglet

Status
Not open for further replies.