New gas motor claiming 3x efficiency

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a big fan of current hybrid cars but a huge fan of plug-ins. Once you can plug in you don't need a giant inefficient engine for just-in-case power. This is a big part of the missing pieces. A cheap 25 KW engine that makes room for a 1000 lbs of batteries is pretty impressive. Of course, these engines have been around since the 1950s and all I saw in the video was a turbine looking thingy with a piece of Plexiglas.

It certainly makes more sense for a hybrid than a conventional gas engine, but then a conventional gas engine is about the worst choice available for a hybrid.

I'll check back in a year or two or fifty to see how much closer they are to market.

Status
Not open for further replies.