New Guy and my First pellet stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigruckus

Jun 2, 2011
Northern Maine, Millinocket
HI EVERYONE..JUST JOINED THIS GREAT FORUM...I LIVE IN NORTHERN MAINE IN MILLINOCKET...I JUST BOUGHT A COBALT THELIN PARLOUR 3000 PELLET STOVE...IT WAS ON SALE FOR $1500.00 NEW....I GUESS THAT IS A GOOD DEAL. IT HAD A $3250.00 PRICE TAG ON IT. I PLAN ON PICKING IT UP NEXT WEEK...THE STORE I BOUGHT IT FROM WHATS A REP TO CHECK IT OUT AND FIRE IT UP....IS THIS COMMOM...???...I HAVE READ SOME OF THESE STOVES DO HAVE ISSUES...ANY INFO ON THESE WOULD BE HELPFUL...OH I KNOW THEY DO NEED REGULAR CLEANING..

greetings bigrukus, welcome home. you may wish to undo the Caps Lock, as it makes it seem like you are yelling :) . Never hurts to have a factory Rep check out your new stove for you, though, I wouldn't say it is common, at least to me. The Parlour is a really cool stove. I'm not very familiar with any real issues across the board on Thelin. I'm sure you'll find a few folks here that can help you out.

Are those Cairne Terriers? I may have spelled that wrong.

Heya Ruckus, Thelin makes a great stove. It also sounds like you got a good price. Having a rep check it out is a great idea. It just leads me to believe the place you bought it from may have no clue what the heck is going on. They should have an on staff technician that can check the stove for you. If they dont have a tech to check it out now, they may not have a rep to check it out if you ever need a service call. The fact that you bought the stove and walked away from the dealer not knowing if the stove needs regular cleaning is also leads me to believe that you may be dealing with a shoddy operation. Never fear, Hearth.com will keep you on the straight and narrow.

As long as you learn where the cap lock key is. Typing in all caps is considered "shouting" in the internet world. While it may not seem like a huge deal when typing, folks who read 100s of posts per day sometimes find it annoying. Just a friendly tip.

Patriots stink.

you actually posted before me...I went back in time to beat you. feel free to use your powers to edit my post into something mildly inappropriate, and super funny.

Franks said:
Heya Ruckus, Thelin makes a great stove. It also sounds like you got a good price. Having a rep check it out is a great idea. It just leads me to believe the place you bought it from may have no clue what the heck is going on. They should have an on staff technician that can check the stove for you. If they dont have a tech to check it out now, they may not have a rep to check it out if you ever need a service call. The fact that you bought the stove and walked away from the dealer not knowing if the stove needs regular cleaning is also leads me to believe that you may be dealing with a shoddy operation. Never fear, Hearth.com will keep you on the straight and narrow.

As long as you learn where the cap lock key is. Typing in all caps is considered "shouting" in the internet world. While it may not seem like a huge deal when typing, folks who read 100s of posts per day sometimes find it annoying. Just a friendly tip.

Patriots stink.

Yea..you might be right...they even had another 3000 on the floor that was in need of repairs...they had several pieces of test equipment hooked up to it..maybe the rep was coming out to look at that that stove..???... The owner was a friendly guy.. he even told me he knew Jay Thelin...told me he sold the company to some Rice guy....overall he spent about an hour talking to me. The store # 1 seller is the Harmon stove...he also mentioned he was not going to pre-order anymore Thelin stoves..??....hope things work out for me...wondering what brand name of pellets to use...the guy told me that the Thelin company likes the Energex pellets in their 3000..??....this is all new to me...lots of great info I'm learning here...thanks!!

Delta-T said:
greetings bigrukus, welcome home. you may wish to undo the Caps Lock, as it makes it seem like you are yelling :) . Never hurts to have a factory Rep check out your new stove for you, though, I wouldn't say it is common, at least to me. The Parlour is a really cool stove. I'm not very familiar with any real issues across the board on Thelin. I'm sure you'll find a few folks here that can help you out.

The dogs are West Highland Terriers...one is 13 the other is 14....

bigruckus said:
Delta-T said:

ah, thank you, great looking dogs (sadly, I can never tell the difference between those small dog breeds).

Delta-T said:
bigruckus said:
Delta-T said:

ah, thank you, great looking dogs (sadly, I can never tell the difference between those small dog breeds).

I can tell they ain't cheewowsas. Hey, bigruckus, welcome on board, I burn only Maine made pellets, but that's just me.

I'm sorry to all of you about the caps being on....anyways what are some good Maine pellets to buy....I live in Millinocket and we have 3 suppliers within 8 miles of me...one guy will bring them to you..I'm asking this because is this the time to lock in...or should I wait..??...like I mention I'm new to this stuff..

Maine Woods Pellet has become the better pellet from ME (IMO), they've gone from crap to pretty consistent... and that is what counts. They are not as good as a Cubex or a Okie Canadian pellet, but they work pretty well now. Good BTUs, avg ash. Corinth and Maine's Choice can put out some good stuff, but they are horribly inconsitent so one ton varies greatly from the last in terms of BTUs and ash content over a wide range. They (Corinth, MC) can be better, or worse then MWP, but you can never count on them to be one or the other from batch 2 batch.

BTW, to Franks: how many championships the JETS won in the last decade?

Congrats on the new stove. Welcome to the Forum. You will soon get the SICKNESS (Pellets). Thelin makes a "Classy" looking stove. Pretty small hopper from what I remember but I check mine at 5am and 5 pm. So big hoppers have no advantage to me.

Even if they bring someone in to do a "Test Burn". Its best to make sure its in working order and all motors/blowers come on. The Hearth shop I bought my Quad from Insisted that they do a 1 Hour test burn. Stove was dusty and ashy when I went to pick it up. But they offered to vacuum and I declined.

By the way. If you have lurked on here and have read ANYTHING (CAPS shouting/LOL) Then you would have read that WE Love Pics... Make sure to update this thread or start a new one. Again, Congrats.....

Attachments

• PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 240sc.jpg
    PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 240sc.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 441
I love this place..great feedback and fast replies. my stove will be ready next week..I told the guy I'm in no hurry...I'm looking at all kinds of stuff I have to buy..the stove pipe..(I will be venting it into my chimney)..a vacuum cleaning and a brush kit. One of the vent pipe at the store has a rubber gasket in it....then another type that has to be glued or sealed...seems like it will cost me but I only have to use about 6 or 7 feet of it to get to the chimney. I also found out I have a friend that bought the same stove from the same place for the same price...I'm going over to his place later today to check it out..he bought his last week..seems like the store will not carry these anymore..I guess I got the last one...gee I hope I can get the place to get Thelin parts if I need them..I have been researching the pellet types...gee so many to choose from... I'm hoping I can get a deal on the Maine pellets...I live close to the Athens factory here in Maine..these guys make the Maine Pellet Company pellets...seems like the rating is pretty good on these pellets...I will try others also..when testing this new stove out.

I'll be posting some photos later.....I could of used the stove last nite..it was 45 last night here in Millinocket Maine..!!

"BTW, to Franks: how many championships the JETS won in the last decade?"

It doesnt have anything to do with it. You can win by straight luck and still be a bunch of a holes. Lets get drunk and fight. Tom Brady can kiss my ass

Seriously, I'll take you all on. Sure, me and Ryan have the same body, but I'm ready. Did Tommy girl have to take a midol after getting asswhooped out of the playoffs? Am I gonna get in trouble for hijacking this thread? Can I call out the Pats for taping practices? Sure, because they did it sneaky. When the Jets wanna cheat they'll trip you up on the sidelines on national TV. Now there's balls.

Inferno..your jacking my thread..but I'm a Jets fan also...OMG..is this going to be awful...I live here in Maine but from up state N.Y...use to love it when they had Vinnie!!!...lets get back to the pellets will ya!!

I hate the Red Sox also..I take it a lot around here in Maine..ha...ha..

PS. His Forum name is "Franks". His "Status" or level of Fire is "Inferno". Keep posting and you too will be a Inferno.. Franks is soon working to be a "Fire God".

Also noticed the name of the Thread. Maybe you did it sub-conscience. Or maybe you knew what your getting into. You said... First Pellet Stove..... That's just it. This is gonna be the next love of your life. Most time will be spent watching and tending the fire. Tinkering with the Fuel and Air settings. Many years of fun. But beware. You will get another. Whether its a 2nd stove along with that one. Or selling this one in a few years to get a Bigger and Better model.

Did you buy this stove to help reduce your gas/oil consumption? I bought mine (Quadrafire/1st stove) to try and reduce my propane bill. Well the 1st Winter, it eliminated it. I have not used my LP furnace once in 3 yrs. Other than to check in Spring and Fall (check to see if it works). So depending on your homes size and lay-out. You may kick the gas/oil thing all together. Many of is in here heat with "Just Pellets'. Some have to use a little gas/oil. That's either because of the size of the home (large/many levels) or the lay-out. Either way... Your gonna save some cash, all while giving yourself a new Hobby.. Congrats again. Thelins are a Fine Looking Stove and you got a Great Deal.

Just to give an update...stove is still at the store..I went over the other day and the rep is putting in a new ignitor...I guess the store owner took it out to repair another stove last winter that had some issues...anyways I'm planning on picking it up this week...I will keep you posted...

Franks said:
Seriously, I'll take you all on. Sure, me and Ryan have the same body, but I'm ready. Did Tommy girl have to take a midol after getting asswhooped out of the playoffs? Am I gonna get in trouble for hijacking this thread? Can I call out the Pats for taping practices? Sure, because they did it sneaky. When the Jets wanna cheat they'll trip you up on the sidelines on national TV. Now there's balls.

How 'bout them Yanks???

Jets S*@K

Pat's rule

Do you and Ryan have the same foot fettish too?

Bigruckus; welcome to the forum... hopefully your skin is as thick as Franks, as you can see it needs to be!
Tell the Pelletiers I say hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.