New guy here! Who else is running older stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MZR800

Nov 23, 2011
Madison County NY
Greetings fellow pellet burners! What a great site this is, i just found it a few weeks ago looking at pellet prices and i have been very impressed and as a veteran pellet burner i must say i have learned a lot and gotten some good laughs as well!!

I am running Quadrafire 1100i upstairs and an Austroflamm Wega in my basement both 1996 models. I just wondered what others were running out there from this era?

Mike

I have a Englander 25-PDV (what its considered today anyways. Its actually a vintage 1996 US 25-5670. All analog controllers and I believe its 1/4" plate construction (if its not 1/4", its close).

Throws radiant heat like a woodstove because of the thickness. A beast for sure.

Would love to see more pics of the stoves. The Quad in tour Avatar looks nice. I have the CB 1200 upstairs, it was the model that replaced the 1100 (I believe). Pics. We Love Pics!

If I get time, I will snap a shot of the Englander.

I have two 1990-1991 Whitfields and a 93 Vintage Quadrafire 1000.

Snowy

I have a 1994 quad nova 800 in semi retirement. It is a ready back up and could easily be returned to service. We are kind of attached to this stove. Did a heck of a job for us for many years.

I would also like to see the stoves your burning.

PM me your email, I have the service manual for the quad if you need it?

2004 harman accentra
2008 cumberland 3650

Here is my old beast and the firebreathing pot! A little rusty. Hasn't been burned yet this year. Thought about it tonight taking the pics.... Yeah, No.. Going inside to reload the Woodeater.

Attachments

• US25-5670.jpg
    US25-5670.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 794
  • US25-5670burnpot.jpg
    US25-5670burnpot.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 432
3650 said:
2004 harman accentra
2008 cumberland 3650

3650, Put the stove info in your sig, Then every time you post we'll see what you have. If you notice we all pretty much do it. :)

Harman invicible rs
think its late 80's
everything original
combustion blower is starting to rattle a little this year
need to source a replacement quick
getting louder daily, keeping oil on it
trying to make it till sunday cleaning to get motor info
and make it till following scheduled cleaning next sunday
for replacing

Im running a 1994 Austroflamm integra. This thing is a tank. Im sure with normal mainteance I'll get well over 100 tons through it before I even need to think of replacing it.

97 Whit. All original except for 2 ignitors and 1 firebrick. Still puts 220 out of the tubes on low with average pellets.

I have two 1994 Whitfield Advantage 2 stoves with the big window door. They came with a bunch of assorted blowers and control boards. I got them real cheap through Craig's list. I think the seller just wanted them gone. They were not functional, but I got them going. One is on an enclosed porch and heats the house too, when I leave the sliding glass door open. The other heats the detached garage/shop.

I already have more invested in fuel than in the original purchase.

Dave

I've got an old Horizon Eclipse stove, guessing 1992 or so. It got moved to the workshop this year. Its a bit tempermental but still runs pretty good.

Thanks for all the replys this site is just awesome. I have been looking for a good forum on pellet stoves for a while now but none were anywhere this "cool" seems like a great vibe here.
I will post a few pics of both stoves in the morning.

Maybe this should be posted as a seperate thread but since i'm here can anybody shed some light on when the first pellet stoves were introduced, where, and by who?

Thanks

Mike

MZR800 said:
Thanks for all the replys this site is just awesome. I have been looking for a good forum on pellet stoves for a while now but none were anywhere this "cool" seems like a great vibe here.
I will post a few pics of both stoves in the morning.

Maybe this should be posted as a seperate thread but since i'm here can anybody shed some light on when the first pellet stoves were introduced, where, and by who?

Thanks

Mike

I came here last year seeking knowledge and guidance.

This year I am burning with confidence after posting questions and reading posts. This is a great place.

Don't know the year but it's on my sig. Profile FS20 Older but does what I need it to do. It's currently running GT's through it(only 5th bag this season and only because my firewood was not stacked at home otherwise it would have been less bags)

Status
Not open for further replies.