New guy in Eastern NC with an Allnighter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bernside

Nov 4, 2012
Hi All,

Just wanted to say thanks and I am glad I found this site. Been lurking and I have already gotten a lot a good info that helped me build my hearth and wall protector. I had a pro come and run the ss chimney out through the wall and up the side of the house. I figured it was worth it for the peace of mind knowing it was done right, especially since my old farmhouse is essentially a tinderbox.

The stove does a great job, although it does eat through some wood. But it should be far cheaper than what I have been spending on propane heat (especially since I have several cords of free oak firewood thanks to hurricane Irene last year.

I would like to hook a blower to the stove. Does anyone have a recommendation?

I was looking at something like this:

http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/4852/635336/Replacement-Stove-Blowers/Stove-Blower.html

Thanks and happy burning,

-B

Either of those blowers will work. Do you have the piping that runs from the blower to the inlet on the stove? It's about a 3 foot long piece of flex steel.

I have an Allnighter in my basement that heats roughly 4000 sq ft pretty well. They throw a ton of heat and have an enormous firebox.

thanks Geoxman, I just ordered that blower.

Hi Snotrocket, I do not have the hose, but I read on the site somewhere that flexible exhaust hose from the autoparts store would work. I guess I will find out. As for the stove, you are right, it does put off some heat. I am heating a 2400sqft farmhouse with very little insulation. With propane we could only afford to keep the house at 52 degree. With the stove it is well into the 60s and 70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.