New Guy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsruther

Minister of Fire
Oct 28, 2008
Northern Kentucky
I've been lurking here off and on for a while now and decided to register.
Seems to be a great group of folks that share the same obsessions that I do.
My wife and friends poke fun at me all the time because of the things I will do to get free wood.
I have an old Buck stove insert in the house and a Ben Franklin in the garage and an old hot water tank converted into a stove on the patio. All of them are well used.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the big fire ring in the back yard.
Just wanted to say hi.

Welcome New Guy... I was the New Guy a month ago and I keep coming back.

Lot's of good info but tons of laughs too...

Can we get a pic of that patio stove ?

Here's the patio stove. My buddy made it for me.
vwy3jl.jpg

Cool. Have him make you a meat box to connect beside it !
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm brisket.....heck, you could make it big enough for a whole pig with that firebox.

That's not a patio stove...that's a spaceship. :ahhh: Rick

Hi new guy!

It seems that tonight's theme is Food, but the usual concept is fire of any sort involving wood.

I have no idea why Craig gave us posting titles with a burn theme - he should have stuck with a wood concept.

The titles would have been much more meaningful and descriptive. You could have started out as warped then after 20 posts be declared as cracked, then split, splintered, and the grand Pooh-Bah would be knot head deluxe.

:) welcome to the forum.

Brian VT said:
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm brisket.....heck, you could make it big enough for a whole pig with that firebox.

I agree ..that would make a killer smoker and stump disposer!

BJ64 said:
Hi new guy!

It seems that tonight's theme is Food, but the usual concept is fire of any sort involving wood.

I have no idea why Craig gave us posting titles with a burn theme - he should have stuck with a wood concept.

The titles would have been much more meaningful and descriptive. You could have started out as warped then after 20 posts be declared as cracked, then split, splintered, and the grand Pooh-Bah would be knot head deluxe.

:) welcome to the forum.

Brian VT said:

I agree ..that would make a killer smoker and stump disposer!

The stumps get burned in the fire ring. We burn green wood, doty wood and silver maple mostly in the patio stove.
Oh yeah and honeysuckle too.

Status
Not open for further replies.