New harmon Accentra insert How do i adjust?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tony45power

Jan 16, 2011
longisland ny
after much research, i purchased a harmon accentra insert. I bought this insert used. It is from 2005 serviced yearly. i got the insert and 30 feet of 4" stainless steel liner for $
$1500

I have it installed and it works great. Only complaint is its kinda loud. I have a 2700 sqft home 2 floors. my first floor is 66 with my boiler off and second floor is 69. All the heat is rising up my stair case!

I haver been trying to read up on adjusting the feeder. I have it set on 4 now but seems like the flame is too high! flame is at the top of my heating element and leaving marks on the glass.

I want to find a good tech to come and check out my installation,a nd fine tune. can anyone recommend some one on longisland?

Also i have to purchase pellets. what am i suppose to look for? I dont want to cheap out, i want what i will achive the most heat from and burn clean.

Is there any differnce from an 2005 accentra insert from a 2011? The person i purchased it from had a new board installed that is suppose to put out 50k btu. this true? differnt boards can be updated? like a chip in a car?lol

tony45power said:
after much research, i purchased a harmon accentra insert. I bought this insert used. It is from 2005 serviced yearly. i got the insert and 30 feet of 4" stainless steel liner for $
$1500

I have it installed and it works great. Only complaint is its kinda loud. I have a 2700 sqft home 2 floors. my first floor is 66 with my boiler off and second floor is 69. All the heat is rising up my stair case!

I haver been trying to read up on adjusting the feeder. I have it set on 4 now but seems like the flame is too high! flame is at the top of my heating element and leaving marks on the glass.

With the feed set at 4, is there an inch of ash in front of the burning pellets? That's the guideline for Harman units. The feed you set it at is also the governor for the amount of time the auger will feed in seconds. A feed setting of 4 will max out the feeder at 40 seconds on & 20 seconds off. 3 will be 30 seconds & on 30 seconds off, etc. The height of your flames is determined by the amount of HEAT the board is calling for. Harman's fire as hard as they can so they can satisfy the thermostat setting as quickly as possible.

I want to find a good tech to come and check out my installation, and fine tune. can anyone recommend some one on longisland?

Also i have to purchase pellets. what am i suppose to look for? I dont want to cheap out, i want what i will achive the most heat from and burn clean.

You want to use hardwood pellets, with a low ash content, but the HArman's are very forgiving & will bur most pellets with only monor adjustments to the feed dial.

Is there any differnce from an 2005 accentra insert from a 2011? The person i purchased it from had a new board installed that is suppose to put out 50k btu. this true? differnt boards can be updated? like a chip in a car?lol

That's a crock of Doo-Doo. The Harman Accentra Insert is rated at 42K BTU MAX. You can get it to burn lower, but not higher...

yeah i have the 1 inch opf ash. the flame suppose to be high?

I see your from longisland, where can i get good pellets?

Someone told me to call rella stoves on rt 112/

ive been looking on craigslist i see american wood fiber for 257 a ton/

i seen oklange pellets were more money but softwood?

Status
Not open for further replies.