New hearth

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaDave

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2008
Northern MI - in the mitten
Finally got the tile for the hearth. Finished floor tile yesterday, then went to HD for hearth tile and grout. This morning, put the rest of the wonderboard down, then tiled the hearth. Grout tomorrow, wait a couple days, then seal.
The hearth will have a pine wrap around, then the whole room is getting new trim. Old stuff is plastic. :ahhh:

Attachments

• IMG_4595resize.jpg
    IMG_4595resize.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 668
  • IMG_4596resize.jpg
    IMG_4596resize.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 728
Here's an update. Tile has been sealed, finally got the new 6" stove pipe, and got the stove up on the hearth with my brother's assistance.
Waiting for the new drive belt for my planer to finish the hearth surround.
Oops, I forgot to pull the tape off the handle. I went ahead and painted the door today. The old finish had a real tarnished look that would not clear up. Stove's going bye-bye as soon as I scrounge up the money for a new one, so I said the heck with it. Paint it!

Attachments

• IMG_4617resize.jpg
    IMG_4617resize.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 667
Looks real nice and good job. I wish I would have raised mine up off of the floor more like yours. And wish I had read this post more before getting rid of my old stove and getting a new one. I would have seasoned more wood longer before replacing.

Good Luck

Cpt

[quote author="wiscoyboy" date="1285136200"]in the pic of the repainted stove, i can see one heck of a wood pile through the windows. nice[/quote.

Wow, good eye.

HaHa, leave it to you guys to be on the lookout for firewood! :lol:
That's the woodshed I put up this year, just about 20 ft. from the front door.
Thanks for the comments, too.
The trim is started, but kind of slow going. I'm using rough cut wood from the property that needs to be planed, jointed, and ripped to size. Problem was that my planer belt took a crap and I didn't get the replacement until Monday. Long weekend, waiting for that thing to show up, but now I'm back on track.
I plan to post pics of that when I get a little farther along.
Thanks for looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.