New Heritage cookin away...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpjohnny5

Oct 7, 2010
Southern CT
Perfect day to get her going got into the 20s last night. Just finished the install about 2 weeks ago, did it myself with my father. Got some rock maple and hickory and the air control just cracked open and shes cruisin at 525.

egppq1.jpg

I know how much work goes into getting a woodstove installed and ready to "go". It's really exciting to see it all come together and "touchin' that baby off" the first time is a big moment for any stove owner.

It looks super! neat, tidy, well-considered, and very attractive. Hearthstones are very pleasing stoves, but I'm a "stoner" myself! (who keeps her kindlin'/firewood supply a good deal farther from the stove than you do! be careful!).

Thank you! I was worried you guys didn't like it lol. Yes I was wondering that when I went looking for a hearth rack because I was so limited on space. I've been checking constantly and the wood just feels warm to the touch, I guess I could slide it to the right some and just shim up them 2 legs.

turned out great ;-) the wood wont light without a spark but why not just put a thin piece 2'x3' sheet of black steel in between
instead of over hanging the legs?? just my 1 cent :)

loon

Stunning! Great looking install and stove!

Ray

Johnny, that looks great!

MPJohnny5 great looking install, nice match on the hearth with the Heritage.

zap

Love the stove. Love the hearth. Love the backing.

Not so sure about the wood being that close to the stove . . . what is the clearance to combustibles?

That's the same one we have!
Is there a special trick to getting a 525*?
I've not been able to get above 450*.

It looks like you have 2 thermometers---which one shows 525*? Maybe
I should move mine....

(and thanks for posting pics!!)

Thanks guys heres another pic, my brother in laws a photographer so he took a few shots and played around with the image

1zgw9ag.jpg

That was a full load stacked right to the baffle with oak and hickory which are very high BTU woods, the temp it was reading at was the one on the center stone. The flu temp in that shot was just under 300

MPJohnny5 said:
That was a full load stacked right to the baffle with oak and hickory which are very high BTU woods, the temp it was reading at was the one on the center stone. The flu temp in that shot was just under 300

You mean, the outside of the flue was 300 right?

It takes lots of effort for me to get surface temps into the 500s. Long before that time the house will be overheated so we usually run 350-450 these days.

What a unique corner install. Corner installs are great because you can usually slip in the single wall with its 18" clearance requirement. Single wall looks better on these stoves than double wall I think.

What's with the trivet and the kettle? Be careful not to scrape them around.

Great looking setup. Love the backing.

Last pic looks good.

The stovepipe temp i meant! Inferno what species wood you burning? I can easily get into the 5s with white oak. The kettle is to add moisture the first week we were burning it was very dry and i was waking up every morning with my sinuses all jacked up. The day we put that on it made a drastic difference and the trivet is pretty neat in the mornings ill throw a cup coffee on and keeps it warm. Id rather it be on that then directly on the stone, and yes I will be careful trust me I know what you mean about scratching the stone. The kettle never moves I fill it back up right in place. Thanks for the comments guys.

Great looking install. What is the wall material and how was it to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.