New Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dgriff3466

Nov 2, 2007
Havre de Grace, MD
I am thinking of replacing my old insert with a new one. I am totally clueless as to what to look for and how much to pay. I currenlty have an old Kodiak Stove insert. It has a fan that goes under the box but we have never had any luck getting enough heat out of thing. The only room it heats is the room it is in which is about 15x10. I am guessing the thing is over 20 years old. Will the newer models heat a larger area? What brands do you recommend? Thanks is advance.

Welcome. The simple answer is yes, a modern insert can put out a lot of heat. How large an area do you wish to heat? How is the house laid out, is it an open floorplan? What are the dimensions of the fireplace firebox? Length, width, depth.

Go to some dealers and check the new inserts out.

Status
Not open for further replies.