New Install - EVL Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2012
Saco, Me
I (will) have an EVL of 28 (22 vertical=12, 3 90's=15, 1 horizontal=1). I am using 4 inch piping by Selkirk and 20 feet of the vertical is up and out of the chimney (the other 2 feet is nside the house). Do you think I will have issues? I will run an OAK. It's a basement (finished) install and I am hooking into an existing chimney (masonry) at it's lowest point (which is above the stove). Sort of like this...

pellet_stove_1.gif

If using 4" all the way? Then I say your fine. . The EVL is actually a lil under 28. It comes in at 27.
22' vert= 11
3- 90° = 15
1' horz = 1
27 total.

Mike Holton would be the man to ask about this. Being its an Englander and he is the Englander "Man"!

Even being a finished basement, you may not get the results your looking for upstairs?

It's a split level/raised ranch 2100 finished (1200 upstairs, 900 downstairs). I am going to run a fan above the mantle to blow the air towards a relatively large stairwell open upstairs. Of I could install a couple of heat registers...

Status
Not open for further replies.