New Installation P43

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelletfisky

Jan 3, 2012
Eastern Pennsylvania
SO I was going with a 45 degree then straight out horizontally for two years. The burn was clean and hot but the angle was weird the way my wall was next to the stove. So just wondering what anybody thinks of my new set up. I bought all new venting from Simpson, and went with adapter to a 90 then another 90 and straight out the wall. All clearances are more then met and I have an OAK. I had leaks on both 90's but have used high heat silicone and then foil tape. The leaks seem to be gone or very minimal now. I have smoke alarm like feet above the stove and CO alarm across the room. No issues in that area as well. So im asking, is two 90's then straight out with OAK safe and efficient/

My P43 goes into a tee, up 4 feet, then a 90 out another 6-8 feet, all in 4" pipe. No issues.
It comes down to length of run, and 3 verses 4 inch with friction loss and such.

I wanted to come through wall then up the side of the house but wasnt sure if I should until I convert to 4" with the two 90's already. I will make this work for the time being and have something to play with next summer lol. Now wheres the cold weather??

Harman book stated with extra elbows, or over 15 foot pipe, go to 4". They also prefer less than 48" horizontal run. Theere is a pipe formula out there, maybe somebody else has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.