New M55 Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianm58

Oct 18, 2010
Southeastern MA
I posted several weeks ago to get everyones opinion on what I should buy for a pellet stove & with your help I decided on the M55 Insert. It finally got installed this past Sunday & looks really nice. With the temperatures around here in the high 50's I had to shut it off after 2 days, but if this is what I can expect then I am in for a nice toasty winter. Thanks to everybody for helping me make an informed decision. I think I made a good one. I attached a picture for you to see.

Thanks

Attachments

• stovepic.jpg
    stovepic.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 300
Looks great.. I love that hearth! I would have been tempted to put a Jotul Oslo on that bad boy, looks like plenty of clearance.

Looks Great BrianM!!!!

Please keep us informed how you like the unit. I'm looking very hard at this unit. What is the talk about it having a three sided ash pan? Someone please post a photo of this three sided ash pan. Wouldn't it allow ash to fall out the back?

Thanks,

AR

It is & it isn't 3 sided. It has a slight upward curve to it. I don't think it will be much of a problem but will let you know once I can run the stove for more than 2 days. It is very quiet. I could not hear the agitator at all. The installer & I had to watch it to see if it was actually working. That's how quiet it & also the blower was fine & it's right next to the TV.

That M55 seems to be a very popular choice. Looks great.

Looks awesome......of course that's a pretty bias opionion on my part!

Looks an awful lot like the Quad Mt Vernon insert. Very nice. Sounds like you will be a happy camper this winter.

Looks great Brian! Thanks for the pic, and good luck w/ the stove. Enjoy the heat!

Very nice, a "hot" looking unit pardon the redundancy. I just ordered one before yesterday and should be in this week. Will keep you all posted.
Glad to hear it is powerful as I am looking to heat most of my home with it and say good bye to the oil man.

Enjoy!

Vid

Status
Not open for further replies.