New Member - Question regarding Ovation II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vincel

Sep 1, 2008
Forest Hill, MD
Hi, I just moved into a house that has a gas fireplace in it. The owners manual is with it and it says it's an Ovation II Direct Vent Gas WG3 Top Vent. I do not need this and want to sell it. I can't find anything online regarding an Ovation series fireplace. Is there a manufacture of this that anyone knows of? Does anyone have any thoughts on where the best place to sell something like this is?

Thanks for your help...Vince

Hi Vincel
Your Ovation fireplace is WAS manufactured by Whitfield, in the days before Lennox bought them. Its probably between 8-10 years old or so. As long as everything is in tact, it may be a decent heater for someone, they seemed to be pretty reliable in their day.

There is a thread here for selling items, craigslist, newspaper? You should be able to get a conversion kit to go to lp or nat, from whichever you are on currently, that may double your potential to sell it. If I can help you locate parts, feel free to let me know, I am a Lennox retailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.